2010 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Unsatisfied GM customer
By Judy on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had I know my new Lucerne was going to look like all of the other foreign cars on the road I would have bought a Ford. The gas mileage "stinks" 22.3 on a long trip, never changes. I'm sure part of that is the ethenol in the gas, but my 2010 Park Avenue was getting 30+mpg with 125,000 miles on it. I really wish I hadn't bought the car. I don't look at a car a fun to drive, a car is a necessity. The ride is not smooth - my 2001 was smooth! I'll never buy another GM product unless they improve and stop making their cars look like the foreign cars on the road. I realize they are after the younger market. I'm almost tempted to trade this in!

Unsatisfied
By Marie on 09/05/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a rental Lucerne and it is not good. The gas mileage is bad. It has too many buttons in the inside to set things how you want them. The radio system is bad. If I had to buy one I would rather walk.

Noise in Front Engine Rubbing squeaking
By Bj Couch on 06/25/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased the 2010 Lucern had it 4 days and all of sudden the front end sounded like the traction bars or the suspension made all kinds of racket noises. After reading all the ratings I am very sorry that I purchased a Buick Lucern, I wish I went with the STS or DTS Caddy. I will track everything for possible Lemon on this car. My Aunt and Uncle has a 2007 and always complained about it, I thought they were spoiled with the Park Avenue 2001 they had and compared it to Lucern, rightly so, I think GM has a lot of problems still and this car was not and is not the GM quality that they use to have. Maybe I should have gotten a Malibu!

Noise issue can't be resolved by GM
By Rick on 05/10/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

car has a noise/vibration coming from the front floor hump at highway speed. Dealer & GM field personnel have changed the transmission , exhaust system, motor mounts and wheel bearings. Noise is still there after 5 weeks at the dealer. GM is taking the car back to the engineering dept for evaluation. I will not be getting it back regardless. Another Lucerne (3.9) at the same dealer has the identical problem. I have asked for a replacement with the 4.6 V8 engine or a full refund. Mt recommendation was to have the NVH engineering guys identify the root cause and then have the appropriate product engineering guys fix it. I am a retired engineer and we solved issues like this in a few hours.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Buick Lucerne in VA is:

$93 per month*