Used 2010 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Big drop from the Park Ave and La Sabre I've Owned
By gmckee58

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides well on long trips, which is what I use it for. Comfortable to ride in over long hauls. Turning radius and noise was the first things I noticed on the car. Now that it's broke in, the noises are more abundant, especially from the read and side windows.

Most features in the car are easy to reach, much like the older Buick styles. Again smooth (but noisy) rides. Plenty of room inside for 5 or 6. I see comments on brakes, but I find them no different than the 2000 la Sabre I owned.

If you're used to the older Buicks, and want something similar, this isn't the car to buy, you'll be disappointed. If you're moving up from a small car then you may appreciate the vehicle more. This car will not turn on a dime, so don't even try. I'm very disappointed in this vehicle with the "quality" that I've found in past models.

Unsatisfied GM customer
By Judy

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Had I know my new Lucerne was going to look like all of the other foreign cars on the road I would have bought a Ford. The gas mileage "stinks" 22.3 on a long trip, never changes. I'm sure part of that is the ethenol in the gas, but my 2010 Park Avenue was getting 30+mpg with 125,000 miles on it. I really wish I hadn't bought the car. I don't look at a car a fun to drive, a car is a necessity. The ride is not smooth - my 2001 was smooth! I'll never buy another GM product unless they improve and stop making their cars look like the foreign cars on the road. I realize they are after the younger market. I'm almost tempted to trade this in!

The interior is ok.

Better colors, different body design; better suspension system; much, much better gas mileage.

complaint
By JIM

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I get a wind noise (whistle) from drivers window. Dealer said it was design of outside mirror and can't do anything about it. Noise from engine is caused from fuel injectors according to dealer. Drives me nuts!!!! I love the car except for these two items and I'm stuck with buying a brand new car with bugs they won't fix.

Yes....fix the wind noise and injector noise!

Unsatisfied
By Marie

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a rental Lucerne and it is not good. The gas mileage is bad. It has too many buttons in the inside to set things how you want them. The radio system is bad. If I had to buy one I would rather walk.

none

the whole car

Column or console
By den

2010 Buick Lucerne CXL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've been very satisfied with the Lucerne. I haven't noticed any noise problems on mine but I have long legs and I buy cars with column shifts. I wonder if Ricks models have had console shifts.

comfortable ride and acceptable mileage