Used 2009 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

A fine car
By udiablo

2009 Buick Lucerne Super 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The so-called experts are wrong. The 2009 Buick Lucerne Super is a good value. I looked at the Toyota Avalon, Lexus, Infiniti, and Cadillac DTS and STS. The Lucerne Super was hands-down the best value. Have put almost 7,000 miles on it since mid-Sept.09 (I travel a lot) and it has been very enjoyable.

Smooth
By Indymom

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL-4 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for over six weeks. My husband's intital reaction was "we're not old enough to drive a buick". He drives a BMW 530 was won by its ride and looks. In this time we have taken road trips and much city driving. The incentives and generous trade in made it a very affordable. The interior is understaded but has all the comfort and extras one could want. The flex E85 fuel presents surprising low cost per gallon but lower MPG as well. Jury is out on the net savings. The 60 day guarantee is awesome but our advise is take the cash as you will not be considering a return. It will become a fixture in your garage if you value comfort, style and convenience. Its a keeper!

Above all the ride. But the upgraded sterio sound is outstanding. The seats are comfortable and the Cooled feature is a delightful extra.

The headrest is a bit too forward tilting for a shorter oerson. My husband would appreciate aa transmission that shifts a bit sooner for economic reasons.

The Down Side of Safety Equipment
By Mike

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

In general, we like the car. It has good safety ratings, but some of this safety comes from thicker roof pillars and side and curtain air bags. The side and rear window size has also been reduced compared to older cars, probably for styling purposes. The result is reduction in safety due to big blind spots, especially at both the front and back of the door pillars. Unlke the car we replaced, the front mirrors don't have adequate range of motion to see into the side blind spots . Buick has side blind zone alert avaialble as an option. We don't have it, but would not buy this car again without it. The design of this and other modern cars makes this type of system almost a necessity.

Satellite radio, heated memory seats, quiet, good ride, good leg room, excellent build quality

It is a little sluggish which might be improved with a 6 speed transmission, better visablity and ease of entry, number the speedometer every 10 MPH instead of every 20 MPH. Make fog lights and dual exhaust outlets standard to please the crowd that really wanted another Bonneville.

Steve Preston
By Steve

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL-3 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My new Buick gives me 3 mpg less mileage than my 1993 La Sabre. Acceleration at 60 is very, very poor especially when typical highway speed is 65 to 70 mph.

on star, sound system, adjustable seats

I have always said "BETTER FUEL ECONOMY", this is the worst I have experienced. More responsive engine/transmission system. I will probably a foreign car made in the USA.

Love at first drive
By mrpleased

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL-5 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Lucerne. I still have my first. I just couldn't bring myself to trade it in. I just love driving this car. It has been an absolute joy. It is so quite and smooth I sometimes forget that I'm driving. Whenever I give anyone a ride they cannot believe how nice of a vehicle it is. Last year I drove my '06' on a 3000 mile trip and averaged 32 mpg at 75 mph. I was astounded. I think the '09' will do better based on what I have experienced so far. I shopped hard for a new car in '06' and as soon as I took a test drive of the '06' Lucerne I bought it on the spot. After two months with the '09', I am not sorry.

Cooled seats. Nav system. Blind side alert. Quietness. Handling.

My '06' came with Heated Washer Fluid. That's only thing missing on my '09'. Alas.