2009 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

2009 Lucerne Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Much better than the pros rate it
By unklray

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have only owned this car a month but it was a service rental and had 5300 miles on it. At that point it had averaged 20.7 miles per gal. My wife drove it locally a week and it went to 20.8. We drove it 125 miles mostly freeway at 70 mph and got 30.2 mpg. This car drives so smooth, quiet. Plenty of pickup and power. It has everything but the kitchen sink for options. I can't believe all the criticism I see when the pros rate it. Definitely recommend it if you want a great ride and value in a luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

The drivers seat goes back when you take the key out of the ignition and memory seat puts it back when you get in. Good mileage and power side scan radar to warn you if someone is in your blind spot.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the drivers seat would raise a little higher for me. More color choices. Otherwise perfect.

2009 Lucerne CXL
By jack

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My first Buick after a long line of Pontiacs, Dodges, Toyotas and Fords over the years. Reason for choosing Buick was the great looks and an incredible price with GM incentives on what is a high-end luxury car. First impressions-car looks great in Black with Titanium leather interior. Smart lines all around outside and inside, elegant and quietly stating luxury. Strong 3.9L V6 engine coupled with a capable 4 speed transmission. This is a luxury car not a sports car and tuned accordingly for strong performance but not "burning rubber off the line" or "cornering at 75mph". The inside is beautiful with no gimmicky controls- logical and within reach engineered for elegance. I love this car!

Favorite Features

Interior comforts; looks; and build quality; strong engine/transmission combo; smooth and comfortable ride; internally and externally looks great - constantly getting compliments on the car. Interior controls are designed cleanly and logically, placed appropriately within reach everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

18" wheels, fog lights, and dual exhaust should be standard equipment on a car in this segment and price bracket. The 3.9L V6 although capable, is a gas guzzler and does not get any better with use-GM has done a lousy job of finding a competent replacement for the 3800 in the 3.5L, 3.6L and 3.9L