2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Rear Bumper
By lbernard1 on 05/16/11 11:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Been driving my car for two years and enjoy the ride but I have a problem. Gravel get behinf the bumper and if touch by another car the stone goes through the bumper making a lump on the bumper I had to get it fixed cosating me over $500.00 and when approach the dealer they call it highways hassard. They should make sure that gravel doesn't get behind the bumper Leonce Been driving a buick most of my life but don't know if I will continue if they are not suitable to drive on road beside paved highways

Underrated beauty
By unklray on 06/12/10 15:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car from the dealer with 5000 miles on it, it was used as a customer service vehicle. It has every option I can think of since it is the special edition. plenty of power, comfort. Gas mileage consistantly exceeds rating. My wife averages 23.5 in town and we get 28 on trips to Arizona or Chicago. Quiet and smooth is the keyword here

Love This Car!
By NeuroDoctor on 02/27/10 14:09 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL-4 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This a great car. It's qualities are very well done. It is beautiful, inside and out, quiet, luxurious, and has an understated quality that very well fits someone who is not about ostentation. While one might think me biased because a long time relationship with Buick (three generations of Buick owners), I believe that this is the best Buick I have ever owned! Once again, Buick (for me) has created the perfect 'doctor's car'!

My "Views"
By Opadave on 11/11/09 15:12 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After having this vehicle for about a month, it rides like a dream, except it "won't get out of its own way. There are several concerns that are certainly safety issues. The passenger side headrest virtually blocks the drivers view when trying to see through the rear side window. Front pillar/outside mirror combo on drivers side creates blind spot. Message center display is difficult to see when wearing polarized sunglasses. Same conditions probably exist with all models of this design.

Smooth
By Indymom on 10/24/09 09:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL-4 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for over six weeks. My husband's intital reaction was "we're not old enough to drive a buick". He drives a BMW 530 was won by its ride and looks. In this time we have taken road trips and much city driving. The incentives and generous trade in made it a very affordable. The interior is understaded but has all the comfort and extras one could want. The flex E85 fuel presents surprising low cost per gallon but lower MPG as well. Jury is out on the net savings. The 60 day guarantee is awesome but our advise is take the cash as you will not be considering a return. It will become a fixture in your garage if you value comfort, style and convenience. Its a keeper!

The Down Side of Safety Equipment
By Mike on 10/21/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

In general, we like the car. It has good safety ratings, but some of this safety comes from thicker roof pillars and side and curtain air bags. The side and rear window size has also been reduced compared to older cars, probably for styling purposes. The result is reduction in safety due to big blind spots, especially at both the front and back of the door pillars. Unlke the car we replaced, the front mirrors don't have adequate range of motion to see into the side blind spots . Buick has side blind zone alert avaialble as an option. We don't have it, but would not buy this car again without it. The design of this and other modern cars makes this type of system almost a necessity.

Steve Preston
By Steve on 09/30/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL-3 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My new Buick gives me 3 mpg less mileage than my 1993 La Sabre. Acceleration at 60 is very, very poor especially when typical highway speed is 65 to 70 mph.

Love at first drive
By mrpleased on 08/26/09 17:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL-5 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Lucerne. I still have my first. I just couldn't bring myself to trade it in. I just love driving this car. It has been an absolute joy. It is so quite and smooth I sometimes forget that I'm driving. Whenever I give anyone a ride they cannot believe how nice of a vehicle it is. Last year I drove my '06' on a 3000 mile trip and averaged 32 mpg at 75 mph. I was astounded. I think the '09' will do better based on what I have experienced so far. I shopped hard for a new car in '06' and as soon as I took a test drive of the '06' Lucerne I bought it on the spot. After two months with the '09', I am not sorry.

Much better than the pros rate it
By unklray on 08/01/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL Special Edition 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have only owned this car a month but it was a service rental and had 5300 miles on it. At that point it had averaged 20.7 miles per gal. My wife drove it locally a week and it went to 20.8. We drove it 125 miles mostly freeway at 70 mph and got 30.2 mpg. This car drives so smooth, quiet. Plenty of pickup and power. It has everything but the kitchen sink for options. I can't believe all the criticism I see when the pros rate it. Definitely recommend it if you want a great ride and value in a luxury sedan.

2009 Lucerne CXL
By jack on 04/23/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My first Buick after a long line of Pontiacs, Dodges, Toyotas and Fords over the years. Reason for choosing Buick was the great looks and an incredible price with GM incentives on what is a high-end luxury car. First impressions-car looks great in Black with Titanium leather interior. Smart lines all around outside and inside, elegant and quietly stating luxury. Strong 3.9L V6 engine coupled with a capable 4 speed transmission. This is a luxury car not a sports car and tuned accordingly for strong performance but not "burning rubber off the line" or "cornering at 75mph". The inside is beautiful with no gimmicky controls- logical and within reach engineered for elegance. I love this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Buick Lucerne Sedan in VA is:

$105 per month*