Used 2009 Buick Lucerne CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

My 2009 Lucerne
By mcknisley

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Lucerne for 5 years now and I usually trade every 5 years but I am not ready to give this car up. It has everything on it that you can think of. I have had no trouble with it. Never had it to the garage except to get an oil change every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. I also have a bench front seat which is nice when we have to squezze an extra great Grand child in. I love the big cars why did they have to quit making them?

Favorite Features

If you are going down the road and you get too close to the middle it will beep to let you know to get over

Rear Bumper
By lbernard1

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Been driving my car for two years and enjoy the ride but I have a problem. Gravel get behinf the bumper and if touch by another car the stone goes through the bumper making a lump on the bumper I had to get it fixed cosating me over $500.00 and when approach the dealer they call it highways hassard. They should make sure that gravel doesn't get behind the bumper Leonce Been driving a buick most of my life but don't know if I will continue if they are not suitable to drive on road beside paved highways

My "Views"
By Opadave

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After having this vehicle for about a month, it rides like a dream, except it "won't get out of its own way. There are several concerns that are certainly safety issues. The passenger side headrest virtually blocks the drivers view when trying to see through the rear side window. Front pillar/outside mirror combo on drivers side creates blind spot. Message center display is difficult to see when wearing polarized sunglasses. Same conditions probably exist with all models of this design.

Favorite Features

Ride H-K radio Heated cooled seats

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate poor views. Gas mileage Transmission.

2009 Lucerne CXL
By jack

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My first Buick after a long line of Pontiacs, Dodges, Toyotas and Fords over the years. Reason for choosing Buick was the great looks and an incredible price with GM incentives on what is a high-end luxury car. First impressions-car looks great in Black with Titanium leather interior. Smart lines all around outside and inside, elegant and quietly stating luxury. Strong 3.9L V6 engine coupled with a capable 4 speed transmission. This is a luxury car not a sports car and tuned accordingly for strong performance but not "burning rubber off the line" or "cornering at 75mph". The inside is beautiful with no gimmicky controls- logical and within reach engineered for elegance. I love this car!

Favorite Features

Interior comforts; looks; and build quality; strong engine/transmission combo; smooth and comfortable ride; internally and externally looks great - constantly getting compliments on the car. Interior controls are designed cleanly and logically, placed appropriately within reach everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

18" wheels, fog lights, and dual exhaust should be standard equipment on a car in this segment and price bracket. The 3.9L V6 although capable, is a gas guzzler and does not get any better with use-GM has done a lousy job of finding a competent replacement for the 3800 in the 3.5L, 3.6L and 3.9L