Not your daddy's Buick
By Chasarms on
2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I have been an SUV guy for a while and really shopped hard for a larger car before deciding on the Lucerne. I drove several comparably priced imports and found nothing that offered the luxury of the Lucerne as well as the roominess. I also drove a Caddy STS. A nicer car, but much more money. I found the CXS Lucerne holds its own pretty well against the Caddy. The styling is elegant inside and out without being boring or too "mature" looking. The car handles well and has plenty of power. The Northstar engine has all the pickup I could ever want. By far, a must have on this car. The ride is quiet and comfortable. I have not given anyone a ride in this car who hasn't commented positively.
Favorite Features
The Northstar V8 makes this car great. I liked the styling of the car in general, but I don't think I would truely "enjoy" driving the Lucerne V6 every day. It's far too avg. The CXS is more money, but worth it. You get a lot of extras besides the motor. The Harmon-Kardon stereo sounds very good.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth connectivity for cellular phones. It is ridiculous that it not available on a $38,000 car. I would also like to see a tighter performing transmission with the Northstar. It can be a little sloppy at times. I would also love it if the back seats folded to create an open space to the trunk.