2008 Buick Lucerne Consumer Review: Luxo-cruiser that can gallop

2008 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Review

Luxo-cruiser that can gallop
By skyhawk on

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Currently own 7 vehicles and decided it was time to update my people hauler a '97 Park Avenue. Picked the car up in Texas and followed my brother (a current Lexus and Volvo and prior Mercedes owner) and his quote "I love it, the most awesome car I have ever driven". A good friend who is a SCCA licensed instructor drove and quote Man this is a Vette with a back seat. My impression: The V8 fumbles just enough without being intrusive,interior is spacious and eye appealing and I have yet to find the body roll or the brake fade the "reviewer" mentions. Comparing to another friends Bimmer 5 series it is quicker, quiter, and handles as well. CXS a luxo-cruiser that can gallop.

The whole car. Looks are eye catching, interior is eomfortable, just enough engine rumble at speed while quiet at idle, and it is a "4 holer". Fuel economy is acceptable. Based on our trip from Texas to Alabama. The first full fuel stop the CXS took 9.9 gallons while my MX5 Mazdaspeed took 9.1.

Make gauges easier to read in daylight. Trash the Bridgestones as OE tires. Upgrade tranny to 5 or 6 speed. The CX and CXL need to get the fuel economy back to the Park Avenue range. Trim the grille bottom so it is in line with the head lights.