2008 Buick Lucerne Consumer Review: Comfortable and Quiet

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Review

Comfortable and Quiet
By Michael on

2008 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very quiet and comfortable. I previously owned an Olds 88 LSS and this is by far a better car. The heated seats are great in the winter. The sound system is good. The build quality is excellent. I have not found one flaw in the car yet after putting 6000 miles on it. No squeaks or squawks. This is a well designed car, built to last. The 3.8L V6 engine in the CXL has a cast iron oil pan. That's how rugged the engine is built. All previous 3.8L GM engines that I am familiar with have a formed sheet metal oil pan. This one is cast iron with cross members bolted to it. Built reliable like an aircraft engine.

The 2-position memory seats are convenient for my wife and I. The speed and radio controls on the steering wheel are convenient.

The average fuel economy so far is 24.7 MPG. I would like better fuel economy. The interior and leather seats are a very light shade of beige, and will probably quickly show wear and tear and soil. I would have preferred a darker leather interior color scheme.