Comfortable and Quiet
By Michael on
2008 Buick Lucerne CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
This car is very quiet and comfortable. I previously owned an Olds 88 LSS and this is by far a better car. The heated seats are great in the winter. The sound system is good. The build quality is excellent. I have not found one flaw in the car yet after putting 6000 miles on it. No squeaks or squawks. This is a well designed car, built to last. The 3.8L V6 engine in the CXL has a cast iron oil pan. That's how rugged the engine is built. All previous 3.8L GM engines that I am familiar with have a formed sheet metal oil pan. This one is cast iron with cross members bolted to it. Built reliable like an aircraft engine.
Favorite Features
The 2-position memory seats are convenient for my wife and I. The speed and radio controls on the steering wheel are convenient.
Suggested Improvements
The average fuel economy so far is 24.7 MPG. I would like better fuel economy. The interior and leather seats are a very light shade of beige, and will probably quickly show wear and tear and soil. I would have preferred a darker leather interior color scheme.