Used 2008 Buick Lucerne CXS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Buick....this car makes me sad
By alpineweiss

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is unbelievable in so many ways. Unfortunately none of them are good. The exterior styling is hideous, The car drives like you are in a sensory deprivation tank, and the interior is cheap and uninspired..unless by inspired you expect ugly and cobbled together by a committee of old car company fat cats. I have had the misfortune of being stuck with this car for 2 weeks now (loaner). I can't wait to give it back. The steering column controls are backwards and overly complicated, and everything in the interior feels like leftover parts from a 1990's car. There is good reason for this, its because they are. Most parts you find on the Lucerne have not been updated since 1994 or before.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the seat warmer, honestly thats the only thing I like here. The settings wont burn your behind, nor will they leave you frigid. They got that part perfect. The grill stickers on the front quarter panels of the car are fake. An attempt at styling that seems like some marketing clown came in and said "Hey guys! my focus group that we spent 200Million on says that people like grill thingys" so they went and stuck them all over the front. Did i mention that they dont do anything and they are stickers? I really wanted to root for this car, i really did, but instead for my trouble i got what should have been called, the Buick Bovine.

Suggested Improvements

Dear Buick, They truck unlock key is basically a catapult. Unless you intended this to be a siege engine for storming castles please have a look at the trunk opening speed. It opens so fast I am sure it has clocked one or more old people in the chin when opening it. The emergency brake pedal sticks about 8 inches out into the cockpit so when entering the car its like the car stuck its leg out and trips you on your way in. Lastly, please stop building cars by committee, You end up with something that is neither attractive nor functional. You spend 3 billion on RD for a car, and end up giving people what they already had except worse. You need a transfusion of new blood. Lucern is embarrassing.

Lucerne
By buicklucerne

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For people complaining about the speedometer being hard to see in day light, turn the lights on. It really helps. My Lucerne has day running lamps so the exterior lighs are already on. Very nice a comfortable car.

Favorite Features

Turn signals in mirrors, heated steering wheel and seats. Magnetic ride control.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes hard to park.

18 months on
By amvee

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 Buick lucerne v8 csx continues to give me the same driving pleasure as it did on day one. Whisper quiet, silky smooth - like sitting in a lazy boy. A couple of weeks back I did a 190 mile round trip and got 25.9 mpg - using "Cruise" between 65/70 mph. Problems - during an oil change I was told that both front bearing were shot. Immediately replaced under warranty with no quibbles ($400 each). I bought the car with 28k on the clock I now have just under 41k. Same suggestions for improvement. Six speed auto and a smaller turning circle. What a superb product line up Buick now has with the enclave, regal and as for the La Crosse . Drop dead gorgeous. Go Buick!

Favorite Features

On Star Body Style Ride Quietness Build/Tolerance Warranty

Suggested Improvements

Six speed auto Smaller Turning Circle Reinstall via a new manufacturer the heated washer fluid. Great feature in the winter.

By Anthony Vrsalovich

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my follow up review since acquiring the car. Still delighted in all areas. My drive to work is 17 miles each way - I average 20 MPG. Went out last weekend between averaged 60 and 70 mph over a 186 round trip. Computer showed 25.9 MPG. Not bad for a V8. Problems - the tire pressure monitored showed an inaccurate reading. Took it in and they rebooted the computer - Problem fixed. Apparently the fact the car did not move for a couple of months when I was abroad was the problem. Everyone that gets in for the first time is very impressed with the drive comfort and lines of the car. I am one chuffed owner. I cannot praise the car enough. The new La Crosse and Regal WOW!

Favorite Features

OnStar. The comfort and support from the seats. Magnetic Ride Warranty Value - Dollar for dollar nothing from Europe can compete. Not a really a feature but the lines on this model are absolutely beautiful from any angle.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning circle. More gears at least six Illumintated "shine down" lights in the doors for night time.

Great American Car
By Anthony Vrsalovich

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had three Mercs two Audis all mid to upper level. I brought a 2008 Lucerne CSX V8 and I am absolutely delighted with it - and would put it up against any car in its class. With what I have on my car - I would have to have paid a fortune in extras on the foreign models. Ultra quiet, fantastic build quality built to incredible tolerances. The Northstar engine is silky smooth. Very respectable mph for a V8 Exquisite lines no matter what angle you look at it. I would recommend anyone looking at a mid or full size saloon to "a least" take a test drive at your local Buick dealership.

Favorite Features

The simplicity of the interior design, comfort and quietness of ride.

Suggested Improvements

Five or six speed gearbox - smaller turning circle. Get rid of the Auto Union like Regan did with the Air Traffic Controllers and start all over again - It's a car manufacture - not an old peoples home!