2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Great car, maybe a touch expensive
By rohkey on 08/05/14 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A little baffled by some of the poor reviews I have seen. I'm 24 and have been driving this car for 2 years now, and I enjoy it. It's spacious, comfortable, quiet, and powerful enough. Never noticed any major handling issues other than the large turn radius, and sometimes it can be difficult to park in large spots. Also there seem to be a few blind spots that can get you in trouble if you're not cautious. The interior isn't as fancy/elegant as I would expect, but it's not bad, and I like how the exterior looks. The trunk is pretty huge, and there is plenty of room for my 6'5'' frame (something I've had problems with in other cars like the Malibu and Impala). MPG's are pretty low, however.

Outstanding fit and finish
By Steve R on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The standard engine power is okay, but a little more would be better. The handling characteristics are better than expected, although the suspension could be a bit tighter.

Best car I have ever owned
By Ted Strickland on 09/04/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this Sep 4 2010 this car has been back to dealer for oil changes only. It's a little big for my taste for then the others were too small

Best ever owned
By Peter on 07/22/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars from many makes but my 2008 Lucerne is the best car that I have ever owned. It rides better than any car in its price range. The handling is great for such a large car. No it does not handle like a German car but does not ride like crap over potholes either. No problems at all. The 3800 engine and automatic are among the high quality from any make. I hope to drive this car for the next 20 years.

Major Disappointment - Goodbye GM
By flash on 02/04/10 21:20 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

20+ years of faithful GM ownership. Purchased the 2008 Lucerne brand new, thought I couldn't go wrong. Let's see..... thermostat problems, took 2 attempts to fix that. The trunk that leaked in the rain and to top that the dealer's service center couldn't get to it for a week (smell that, would ya?). Then there's the gas cap that just fell off. Wish I paid closer attention to the poor turning ability and less to the cushy seats. Great economy but such poor acceleration, I am hesitant to make any sort of assertive move for fear the car will be left behind! I will never pay $35K for such a vehicle again!

2008 Buick CXL 3.8 V-6
By EAB on 09/28/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Not much of an Automobile. Door Handle pulled out of door at 9000Miles, BBrake rotors warped at 5500 Miles, Dealer wanted to turn rotors and put old Brake Pads back on, Customer was of no assistance, paid for new pads and rotors out of my pocket, I have driven Buicks since 1965 and this is my last GM Car. Will definately buy Lexus Or Toyota Avalon.

Buick Lucerne
By Albert Strickland on 05/21/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. I have owned Cadillac's Olds, and Pontaic's over the years and some of them were bad. It is a shame that it took GM this long to wake up and build a car of the caliber

I expected more
By disappointed on 04/16/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Trading in my 2000 Lesabre with 142000 miles I expected a big improvement> Not so! Rattle in front end, trunk doesn't open but half way, wind noise is terrible, engine has no power> Quiet tune? they must have forgotten to do this one, 67 MPH very annoying drive train noise. sun visors not even close to what was on the 2000. Mileage is not as good either. can't reach door handles to close doors. Plastic push pins used in many places all loose.

Love my Lucerne!
By Fussy in Oregon on 12/18/08 18:26 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In '06 we traded in a high mileage Park Avenue for a Chev Malibu which I regretted from day one. This year that car was traded in for a Lucerne and all is well again! The fit and finish, quietness and comfort are even better than the old Park Ave. It is solid and so very inviting to drive.

Buick Lucerne
By Ted Strickland on 12/06/08 08:12 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is far & away the best car I have ever owned, so far so good! The only fault is the speedometer is hard to read in daylight, and the visors have no extensions and I'm told none are available. It's too bad GM had to wait this long to build this type of quality in a car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.