2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
nice car
By lei on 03/02/10 12:02 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

one year ago I bought a used 2008 Lucerne and was so pleased with it, It's ubiquitous 3.8 litre engine provides all the power one could want unless they are a "drag racer" and the car handles beautifully. I have always gotten 30-35 MPG at the 55-65 miles per hour on the high way and 20-24 mpg in local driving which amazes me in so big a car.then the Lucerne is the most satisfactory one I have ever owned.

Disenchanted owner
By Gary R. on 10/17/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote a review on this car (2008 Lucerne CX)in May of 2009 and here is an update. With the help of an Attorney, a Lemon Law Lawsuit was filed (June 2009) against Buick division regarding possible mechanical failure.(Steering rack/transmission/power steering unit) GM responded "You claim does not cover apperance issues, therefore your claim is denied. Appearance issues? Where did that come from? In addition, shortly after filing the lawsuit, GM filed bankruptcy and guess where that left me. NEVER AGAIN will I by GM junk. They lost a faithful customer who bought many of their cars/trucks over 35 years.

Nice car but annoying rattle in front
By Gary R. on 05/01/09 20:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought as a replacement as I wrecked my 07' saturn vue. 08' Lucerne CX was a dealer demo with approx. 2,400 miles on it. Started to hear a rattle/buzzing noise within the first month coming from the front end area. Brake lights stayed on until I went to the dealer for the repair. Dealer replaced a fuel line problem as there was a GM bulletin on that. To date, I have had the car in 5 times for the rattle and still rattles/buzzes. I'm "disenchanted" with this Buick. I'm going to try the rattle repair one more time.....then I'll contact GM personally. (They probably won't care/ or respond) Dealer has been sympathetic to my issue anyway. I'm going to buy Honda next time.

Great car with extraordinary comfort
By Ken on 03/28/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is just a few weeks old, but has everything I wanted in a new car. The ride is unmatched. I tested a Ford Fusion because they said it drove as nice as a Buick. They were wrong. The Lucerne glides across rough road. It has plenty of pickup. The controls are well positioned for easy access. Plenty of leg room for stretching out. The 2008 version does not have bluetooth phone, and that I miss. I understand that 2009 does have that. The fan has plenty of power to cool or heat. I do wish that it had more power connections for things like iPods. The dash is a little hard to see in the daylight. Auto headlights is great. On Star is just amazing. Just a great car.

Crystal Red Tintcoat
By Ron B on 10/29/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As a Buick owner for years now and wanting something "different" I went to Nissan,Toyota and Honda . They were nice but I didn't like the idea of them saying "the cars sell good so we don't have to drop our prices " and another one said "Hay , try it if you want ,or don't , I don't care " made me realize I would try out a Buick again . I just drove it on small local trip, maybe 200 mile round trip and sure enjoy the comfort . The driving of this Cx model is a joy and I feel very safe with the options included. The V6 has enough power ,the gas mileage is great(27 mpg) and yes I have standard options on this that I would've had to pay thousands for on the "other" cars. this is an aswome car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.