Used 2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Great car, maybe a touch expensive
By rohkey

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A little baffled by some of the poor reviews I have seen. I'm 24 and have been driving this car for 2 years now, and I enjoy it. It's spacious, comfortable, quiet, and powerful enough. Never noticed any major handling issues other than the large turn radius, and sometimes it can be difficult to park in large spots. Also there seem to be a few blind spots that can get you in trouble if you're not cautious. The interior isn't as fancy/elegant as I would expect, but it's not bad, and I like how the exterior looks. The trunk is pretty huge, and there is plenty of room for my 6'5'' frame (something I've had problems with in other cars like the Malibu and Impala). MPG's are pretty low, however.

Buick....this car makes me sad
By alpineweiss

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is unbelievable in so many ways. Unfortunately none of them are good. The exterior styling is hideous, The car drives like you are in a sensory deprivation tank, and the interior is cheap and uninspired..unless by inspired you expect ugly and cobbled together by a committee of old car company fat cats. I have had the misfortune of being stuck with this car for 2 weeks now (loaner). I can't wait to give it back. The steering column controls are backwards and overly complicated, and everything in the interior feels like leftover parts from a 1990's car. There is good reason for this, its because they are. Most parts you find on the Lucerne have not been updated since 1994 or before.

My favorite feature is the seat warmer, honestly thats the only thing I like here. The settings wont burn your behind, nor will they leave you frigid. They got that part perfect. The grill stickers on the front quarter panels of the car are fake. An attempt at styling that seems like some marketing clown came in and said "Hey guys! my focus group that we spent 200Million on says that people like grill thingys" so they went and stuck them all over the front. Did i mention that they dont do anything and they are stickers? I really wanted to root for this car, i really did, but instead for my trouble i got what should have been called, the Buick Bovine.

Dear Buick, They truck unlock key is basically a catapult. Unless you intended this to be a siege engine for storming castles please have a look at the trunk opening speed. It opens so fast I am sure it has clocked one or more old people in the chin when opening it. The emergency brake pedal sticks about 8 inches out into the cockpit so when entering the car its like the car stuck its leg out and trips you on your way in. Lastly, please stop building cars by committee, You end up with something that is neither attractive nor functional. You spend 3 billion on RD for a car, and end up giving people what they already had except worse. You need a transfusion of new blood. Lucern is embarrassing.

Lucerne
By buicklucerne

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For people complaining about the speedometer being hard to see in day light, turn the lights on. It really helps. My Lucerne has day running lamps so the exterior lighs are already on. Very nice a comfortable car.

Turn signals in mirrors, heated steering wheel and seats. Magnetic ride control.

Sometimes hard to park.

Outstanding fit and finish
By Steve R

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The standard engine power is okay, but a little more would be better. The handling characteristics are better than expected, although the suspension could be a bit tighter.

Best car I have ever owned
By Ted Strickland

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this Sep 4 2010 this car has been back to dealer for oil changes only. It's a little big for my taste for then the others were too small

comfort and speed

Please oh please make the speedometer easier to read. In daylight you can hardly see your speed