2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Great car, maybe a touch expensive
By rohkey on 08/05/14 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A little baffled by some of the poor reviews I have seen. I'm 24 and have been driving this car for 2 years now, and I enjoy it. It's spacious, comfortable, quiet, and powerful enough. Never noticed any major handling issues other than the large turn radius, and sometimes it can be difficult to park in large spots. Also there seem to be a few blind spots that can get you in trouble if you're not cautious. The interior isn't as fancy/elegant as I would expect, but it's not bad, and I like how the exterior looks. The trunk is pretty huge, and there is plenty of room for my 6'5'' frame (something I've had problems with in other cars like the Malibu and Impala). MPG's are pretty low, however.

Buick....this car makes me sad
By alpineweiss on 01/10/11 10:57 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is unbelievable in so many ways. Unfortunately none of them are good. The exterior styling is hideous, The car drives like you are in a sensory deprivation tank, and the interior is cheap and uninspired..unless by inspired you expect ugly and cobbled together by a committee of old car company fat cats. I have had the misfortune of being stuck with this car for 2 weeks now (loaner). I can't wait to give it back. The steering column controls are backwards and overly complicated, and everything in the interior feels like leftover parts from a 1990's car. There is good reason for this, its because they are. Most parts you find on the Lucerne have not been updated since 1994 or before.

Lucerne
By buicklucerne on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For people complaining about the speedometer being hard to see in day light, turn the lights on. It really helps. My Lucerne has day running lamps so the exterior lighs are already on. Very nice a comfortable car.

Outstanding fit and finish
By Steve R on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The standard engine power is okay, but a little more would be better. The handling characteristics are better than expected, although the suspension could be a bit tighter.

Best car I have ever owned
By Ted Strickland on 09/04/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this Sep 4 2010 this car has been back to dealer for oil changes only. It's a little big for my taste for then the others were too small

Best ever owned
By Peter on 07/22/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars from many makes but my 2008 Lucerne is the best car that I have ever owned. It rides better than any car in its price range. The handling is great for such a large car. No it does not handle like a German car but does not ride like crap over potholes either. No problems at all. The 3800 engine and automatic are among the high quality from any make. I hope to drive this car for the next 20 years.

18 months on
By amvee on 06/15/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 Buick lucerne v8 csx continues to give me the same driving pleasure as it did on day one. Whisper quiet, silky smooth - like sitting in a lazy boy. A couple of weeks back I did a 190 mile round trip and got 25.9 mpg - using "Cruise" between 65/70 mph. Problems - during an oil change I was told that both front bearing were shot. Immediately replaced under warranty with no quibbles ($400 each). I bought the car with 28k on the clock I now have just under 41k. Same suggestions for improvement. Six speed auto and a smaller turning circle. What a superb product line up Buick now has with the enclave, regal and as for the La Crosse . Drop dead gorgeous. Go Buick!

By Anthony Vrsalovich on 06/03/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my follow up review since acquiring the car. Still delighted in all areas. My drive to work is 17 miles each way - I average 20 MPG. Went out last weekend between averaged 60 and 70 mph over a 186 round trip. Computer showed 25.9 MPG. Not bad for a V8. Problems - the tire pressure monitored showed an inaccurate reading. Took it in and they rebooted the computer - Problem fixed. Apparently the fact the car did not move for a couple of months when I was abroad was the problem. Everyone that gets in for the first time is very impressed with the drive comfort and lines of the car. I am one chuffed owner. I cannot praise the car enough. The new La Crosse and Regal WOW!

nice car
By lei on 03/02/10 12:02 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

one year ago I bought a used 2008 Lucerne and was so pleased with it, It's ubiquitous 3.8 litre engine provides all the power one could want unless they are a "drag racer" and the car handles beautifully. I have always gotten 30-35 MPG at the 55-65 miles per hour on the high way and 20-24 mpg in local driving which amazes me in so big a car.then the Lucerne is the most satisfactory one I have ever owned.

Major Disappointment - Goodbye GM
By flash on 02/04/10 21:20 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

20+ years of faithful GM ownership. Purchased the 2008 Lucerne brand new, thought I couldn't go wrong. Let's see..... thermostat problems, took 2 attempts to fix that. The trunk that leaked in the rain and to top that the dealer's service center couldn't get to it for a week (smell that, would ya?). Then there's the gas cap that just fell off. Wish I paid closer attention to the poor turning ability and less to the cushy seats. Great economy but such poor acceleration, I am hesitant to make any sort of assertive move for fear the car will be left behind! I will never pay $35K for such a vehicle again!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.