2008 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Buick....this car makes me sad
By alpineweiss on 01/10/11 10:57 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is unbelievable in so many ways. Unfortunately none of them are good. The exterior styling is hideous, The car drives like you are in a sensory deprivation tank, and the interior is cheap and uninspired..unless by inspired you expect ugly and cobbled together by a committee of old car company fat cats. I have had the misfortune of being stuck with this car for 2 weeks now (loaner). I can't wait to give it back. The steering column controls are backwards and overly complicated, and everything in the interior feels like leftover parts from a 1990's car. There is good reason for this, its because they are. Most parts you find on the Lucerne have not been updated since 1994 or before.

Lucerne
By buicklucerne on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For people complaining about the speedometer being hard to see in day light, turn the lights on. It really helps. My Lucerne has day running lamps so the exterior lighs are already on. Very nice a comfortable car.

18 months on
By amvee on 06/15/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 Buick lucerne v8 csx continues to give me the same driving pleasure as it did on day one. Whisper quiet, silky smooth - like sitting in a lazy boy. A couple of weeks back I did a 190 mile round trip and got 25.9 mpg - using "Cruise" between 65/70 mph. Problems - during an oil change I was told that both front bearing were shot. Immediately replaced under warranty with no quibbles ($400 each). I bought the car with 28k on the clock I now have just under 41k. Same suggestions for improvement. Six speed auto and a smaller turning circle. What a superb product line up Buick now has with the enclave, regal and as for the La Crosse . Drop dead gorgeous. Go Buick!

By Anthony Vrsalovich on 06/03/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my follow up review since acquiring the car. Still delighted in all areas. My drive to work is 17 miles each way - I average 20 MPG. Went out last weekend between averaged 60 and 70 mph over a 186 round trip. Computer showed 25.9 MPG. Not bad for a V8. Problems - the tire pressure monitored showed an inaccurate reading. Took it in and they rebooted the computer - Problem fixed. Apparently the fact the car did not move for a couple of months when I was abroad was the problem. Everyone that gets in for the first time is very impressed with the drive comfort and lines of the car. I am one chuffed owner. I cannot praise the car enough. The new La Crosse and Regal WOW!

Great American Car
By Anthony Vrsalovich on 09/08/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had three Mercs two Audis all mid to upper level. I brought a 2008 Lucerne CSX V8 and I am absolutely delighted with it - and would put it up against any car in its class. With what I have on my car - I would have to have paid a fortune in extras on the foreign models. Ultra quiet, fantastic build quality built to incredible tolerances. The Northstar engine is silky smooth. Very respectable mph for a V8 Exquisite lines no matter what angle you look at it. I would recommend anyone looking at a mid or full size saloon to "a least" take a test drive at your local Buick dealership.

Luxo-cruiser that can gallop
By skyhawk on 01/12/09 15:18 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Currently own 7 vehicles and decided it was time to update my people hauler a '97 Park Avenue. Picked the car up in Texas and followed my brother (a current Lexus and Volvo and prior Mercedes owner) and his quote "I love it, the most awesome car I have ever driven". A good friend who is a SCCA licensed instructor drove and quote Man this is a Vette with a back seat. My impression: The V8 fumbles just enough without being intrusive,interior is spacious and eye appealing and I have yet to find the body roll or the brake fade the "reviewer" mentions. Comparing to another friends Bimmer 5 series it is quicker, quiter, and handles as well. CXS a luxo-cruiser that can gallop.

Great Performance, Comfort, and Value
By E D P on 01/01/09 07:36 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Lucerne CXS after shopping higher end cars (Mercedes, Jag) and feel that I got a better car for about half the price. The NorthStar V8 engine is smooth and has more power than you could ever need. I get 19mpg town/26mpg hwy. The magnetic ride control suspension and 18" wheels make for tight, sporty handling around town and a smooth, sure footed ride on the Interstate. The interior is incredibly quiet, well laid out, and the materials are soft. The leather bucket seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever been in and between the seat adjustments and tilt/telescoping steering wheel the car is able to be adjusted to comfortably accommodate both me, I'm 6'1", and my wife, 5'3".

Great car
By stur01 on 06/30/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Was looking to trade in our 2007 Yukon for something with better MPG and picked the Buick. Was worried about sitting low in a car, but the car is great. Has more power then the Yukon and a better ride. The car is getting allot of looks and people have stopping me in the grocery store parking lot and asking, "is that a Buick?" The car handles great, and the MPG in town on the first tank is 16.9 MPG. My wife loves it more ever time she drives it and she loved her Yukon. The nav system and radio took a little time to understand the options.

Quietest car I've ever owned
By chillaw on 06/02/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is our sceond Buick. I am very pleased with the quality of construction. The sound-proofing is so good that I can't tell whether the engine is running when stopped at a traffic signal. Bought car in New Orleans and drove almost 200 miles home on a 1/4 of a tank. The gas needle didn't move until we had driven 107 miles. I'll keep buying Buicks as long as they keep making them like this. A very nice car for the money.

Buick is impressing us
By Al on 05/27/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle so far. After looking for several months for a replacement to our Chrysler 300 we settled on the Lucerne. We have not been disappointed. A great smooth ride and quieter than any other car in its class. I am 6'4" and room was important. This car gives it. The power of the Northstar is impressive without giving up too much gas mileage. It is not as responsive thru the transmission or the steering wheel as the Chrysler 300 but the ride far out weighs that loss.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Buick Lucerne in VA is:

$96 per month*