Classic American Sedan
By burkewhb on
2007 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned my Buick Lucerne CX for 4 years and had almost no problems with it at all. The engine and transmission are both very smooth, and the acceleration, zero to 60 in 9 seconds, is not earth shaking but quite adequate. I love the looks of the car, especially the grille (I got the blacked out grille with ming blue) and the side view. The ride of the car is superb and extremely quiet. My only complaints about the car would be the around town mileage (16) is mediocre and the turning radius (44ft?) makes parking in tight spaces tricky. Over the road mileage (26) is ok.
Favorite Features
I like the console gear shift control, which has detentes and makes up and down manual shifting very easy. The tire pressure monitor is very useful and has helped me catch two tires going flat with very slow leaks. The trunk is good sized and very adequate. My car has the harmon/kardon 8 speaker sound system, the only option I got, and it's great. The car has been extremely reliable. I had a very minor leak in the power steering system the first year I had the car and my mechanic just tightened up a connection, and I've had no problems since.
Suggested Improvements
The engine could use a little more horsepower in certain situations, although it's usually adequate. Turning circle is ridiculous. I would like a semi-automatic manual shift capabilty to make driving more fun. Mileage isn't the greatest, especially around town. I though a V6 would be much better. I suppose the weight of the car (3760 lbs) is the problem.
By wburke
on 06/18/12 15:01 PM (PDT)

I finally made the last payment on this car, and it's all mine!! I still haven't had any problems with it, and I've had it for 5 years now. This car is so good looking, it makes all Japanese cars, including the Lexus, look boring. I've seen reviews that knock the Lucerne for being too old fashioned, but if you want a sporty handling car, get a BMW (if you can afford it). This car is super reliable, isn't that important? This car is also comfortable and has plenty of room, but I guess that's being "old fashioned".