Used 2007 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Impressive
By John

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had SUVs for the past 10 years, the ride from my CXL is impressive. The standard features in the CXL are admirable. I am not impressed with the fuel economy at this point in time. A well constructed quality auto.

Rainsensing wipers and dual power seats.

I can not think of any.

Falling apart
By thirty year owner

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the car only 600 miles and today as I opened the front driver side door the door handle pulled out of the door frame. It took me a good while to try to get it back in so that I could get into the car. I finally did but have no idea whether the same thing will happen again. I have just had it into the dealer to repair a dent in the make ready opearation and hate to think about having it tied up for another long trip to the dealer. Are others having trouble indicating such sloppy workmanship? Such a mishap makes me wonder whether I can trust the car or not. The so-called cool seats do not cool much of the seat.

Drives well. Radio very good tone. Seems quiet. have no long trips yet but seems comfortable. Back seats nice. Large trunk.

Quality control! And perhaps design in the door handle...just hope nothing else such as this takes place.

Bought in a rush
By David McLanahan

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

For once a hasty decision on my part turned out good. Upon leaving my sister's home after a two week visit and having my old car all packed to return to Florida, it wouldn't start! I'd had problems with it before. Sister screams at me to buy a new car. I remembered my nephew a day earlier telling me about the Buick Lucerne. A car with class and enough room for my 6'5" frame.I dismissed his opinion. I've never thoughtabout owning a Buick? Sister dialed a family friend and handed me the phone. Turned out to be a salesman for the Buick dealer I was so stressed i told him to work me a deal and he did. a Lucerne!.The return trip to Florida was fantastic.. I love the car!

OnStar, phone, mileage, the gps system, warranty, not to mention a quiet ride and good mpg!

A hood emblem would be great..as an accessory to be installed by the dealer. The rear view is sort of blah..but you can't have everything.

Everybody should own one!
By Lisa

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Lucerne. I've had foreign and domestic cars, but decided to come back to American made cars. I researched and compared approx 5 vehicles before chosing the Lucerne and all of my friends and family love it as well. I get told from teenagers that it's a "hot" car, all the way to people in their 70's plus who just love it. Out of all the cars I've owned...and that's been many, this is my very, very favorite! I wish I could buy one for everyone I know so they could have as much fun as I do. It's like driving a Cadillac on a smart budget. You get all the comfort, bells and whistles, while being able to keep some money in your pocket. Go Buick! You did great!

Exterior looks. Inside comfort. All the features. Paint colors. Interior colors. Interior room - more sq ft than most cars!

It Really Should be Called a Wildcat!
By JEFF SHADOW

2007 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I finally relented and traded in our 1998 Aurora with 105,000 miles. It had virtually no problems. I did not want a Cadillac yet and will never buy an import vehicle. With Oldsmobile gone I turned to Buick and leased a black 2007 Lucerne CXS with the Cadillac Northstar 4.6 litre V8. The Buick now has three "Wildcat" badges from the 1968 version and has the style to go with the name. GM should have brought back a name like Wildcat rather than Lucerne. In California a "Lucerne" is a half gallon of milk from Safeway, not a county in Switzerland!

The dash is similar to the Cadillac DTS but the radio is right out of the GMC Sierra/Chevrolet Silverado and it is perfect, especially with XM radio.

It is difficult to improve on perfection.