2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
This is not your father's Buick!
By Grover T on 03/13/07 14:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Close tolerences. Beautifully toned exhaust pipes and 275 powerful horses for get up and go. Put that with a quiet ride, a super suspension, a Karmon Harman sound system and you have a great car for under $40,000.00. It's built in one of the manufacturing facilities in the country, the BOC Plant in Hamtramak, MI. It matches up favorably with my Lincoln Mark VIII, Chrysler 300, and Missan Maxima. Try it. You might like it.

Lucerne CXL 2007
By Bill on 03/08/07 07:07 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I looked first at comparable Japanese cars and discovered GM still does many things better!! This Buick performs and rides excellently, is quiet and comfortable. Its design is not as spectacular as Chrysler 300 but has a feel of quality.

Initial impressions
By John on 02/26/07 14:59 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car had some vibration when new but cleared up in a few days. Very nice car. Highway trip fuel economy not fully tested yet. Not powerful but entirely adequate.

2007 Buick Lucerne, great car, fair name
By Jeff on 02/25/07 09:43 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Buick is back. I own a 2007 Lucerne CXS and with the Northstar v-8 and the magnetic ride suspension, it rides and handles better that the Lexus I had, and is quieter too. Mileage with the V- 8 is around 20 mpg for me with a combo of intown and highway driving. On the road doing 80 I get around 24..in town around 18. No creaks or squeaks yet, this is the most solid feeling car I've ever owned.

Neat car needs help
By Brian Luedke on 02/24/07 11:53 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This could really be a hit for GM, but the engine problems that have affected it are not going to help. I have been having a pinging noise with the V-8. GM acknowledged there is a problem with this engine. Yet they continue to sell it. It did not make the noise when purchased, it started at about 1,000 miles. GM indicated this usually happens around 20K miles. Interesting to find out when they wanted my money they did not bother to tell me about potential problems. Now that they have my money they will only give me that they are working on the problem. I'm not satisfied with their answer. Knowing they had a problem, the option should have been pulled. Poor development by GM.

Absolutely Gorgeous Value!
By KURT PENNEY on 02/23/07 01:58 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Originally considering a smaller sedan, I went out and compared estimated mileage and prices. Honda, Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen came up short on the quality and attractiveness end, and did not offer substantial mileage savings when models were compared head-to-head on power and price. My CXL has high-end stereo, great looking leather, sunroof, remote start, and is one of the best looking sedans on the road. Ranks with BMW and Cadillac on looks, for the price of an ugly Japanese car.

Too Much Air Noise
By Georgia on 02/03/07 12:10 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love our new Lucerne, except for the air noise that comes in through the windows. We purchased it for fuel economy, comfort and the advertised guarantee of quietness. We average about 24 MPG on the road and it is comfortable. But the door/window design must be flawed because the air noise that comes through the windows at speeds over 45 mph is awful. It is like driving in a wind tunnel. The dealership promises to replace the gaskets around both of the front doors, so we hope that this helps. Just make sure that you test drive on a highway where you can drive over 45 MPH before you buy this vehicle.

Can't See Instruments
By Martin Brower on 01/31/07 22:28 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When driving during the day without lights, the three dials on the instrument panel are dark. I just came back from the dealer, and he tells me that's the way it is. My wife's Toyota Camry instrument panel lights up during the day. The bottom half of the center dial lights, but the top half with the speedometer numbers is dark. The guage on the right with fuel level etc is completely dark. So is the RPM guage, but I don't need that. I can't believe that the 2007 Lucerne has been designed this way. Had I noticed this during the driving test, I wouldn't have bought it.

Very nice Buick
By thomasw on 01/24/07 12:44 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have found a few very minor things that are annoying but nothing that would keep me from buying another Lucerne. I have not had the car back to the dealer for any problems since I purchased the car in March.

My new LuCerne
By Repeat Buick owner on 01/12/07 14:21 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had three previous Buicks. This one is really good, but not a good as the old Park Ave or LeSabre. Not enough head room and the seats are not as wide. The rear vision is not as good. Back seat and trunk are very roomy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.