Used 2007 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

2007 CXL Lucernce
By Don

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased several new Ford Taurus' and one used Lincoln LS since 1988. The 2004 Lincoln LS does not have enough leg room in the back and even though it had bumper to bumper, a wheel bearing, drum, and 3 rims were replaced. Also a recall with a problem in the steering column, I lost all confidence and decided to go with GM. We purchased the last new 2007 CXL Lucerne after test driving the 2008 Sable and Taurus. The Buick felt safer and is built better. With the OnStar and other nice features (including the depreciation difference)we are glad to have a well built, comfortable and dependable car.

OnStar, heated steering wheel, plenty of room, nice fuel economy with the V6 3.8L engine, nice ride, and cheaper than the 08 Taurus and Sable.

None at this time

The Drivers Car... Buick?
By D Waters

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love cars and I am considered a car nut by everyone that knows me. I have owned over thirty cars and have driven countless more in my persuit of the perfict one for me. I never make a purchase without very extensive investigation. If anyone ever told me that my favorite car would be a Buick, I would instantly recommend they seek professional counseling! The 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL is dollar for dollar pound for pound the best inexpensive (23,000) car I have ever owned. There is nothing on the market today that even comes close for the price. I know because I drove everything in the price range of under 30,000 including Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford and Chrysler. The car is irresistable

Lucerne is living room comfortable, library quiet, scotch thrifty on reglar gas, as elagant and pleasing to the eye as the prom queen. Smooth power and quiet comfort, it is nirvana for the long distance driver. I feel like this car was prescription built for the highway driver! Thanks & kudos to GM!

Eight way power drivers seat, lumbar support should be standard. improve the turning radius, If Volvo can do it, GM can do it! Will some design genius please find a way to loose passenger window pillar, it is so boaring and impares vision. Maybe an interior role bar? Just a thought...58 Roadmaster

Pretty but Uncomfortable
By Laurie

2007 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it because it was pretty and felt comfortable. After a week of driving to and from work (40 miles per day), my lower back began to hurt. After three weeks I was unable to drive the car. Driver and passenger seats have no lumbar support. Back seat is comfortable. Traded cars with my husband. He now has to drive with cushions on back of seat. Dealer was of no help. They recommended having an upholsterer rebuild the seats which we will try. We like the very quiet ride and many of the features. Headliner is of poor design with raw edges front and back. Cup holder design is poor.

Cloth upholstery in shale color, quiet ride, OnStar, radio controls on steering wheel.

Design of front seats (seat back puts spine into a very uncomfortable position), better cup holder locations, improved installation of headliner, change location of button to unlock trunk.

Very pleased
By Mike C

2007 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Dollar for dollar, this car is the best in its class. I purchased a base model for about $23,000 and at that price none of the other vehicles mentioned was even close in ride, power, or equipment. The Chrysler 300 in that price range is incredibly spartan in the interior and has a seriously underpowered 2.7L V6. While the 300 and Toyota handle better, this is clearly due to both vehicles' wider stance and lower profile tires, which necessarily create a rougher ride. If the owner simply wants a powerful, quiet, smooth riding car, rather than one which will take exit ramps at 60 mph, the Lucerne is it.

Comes with same engine and transmission regardless of model purchased; very smooth and quiet ride; well equipped on base model.

Passenger power seat should be standard on a vehicle in this class.

My Buick Rating
By H.Higdon

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With a few exceptions the Lucerne is a fantastic automobile. It drives and rides like a dream and is the quietest vehicle I have ever ridden in. The drawbacks: visability is poor - can't see where the front or rear is in the case of parking - windows too high obstructing visibility in tight parking areas, can't see parking slot markings. Don't campare vehicle with it's competition in close proximity because the rough sounding 3800 V6 just doesn't sound like something coming from a real classy car. Gas mileage is also 6 to 7 MPG less than my 03 Lesaber with same engine/trans, etc. Softer leather on the seats would also help. Even with these problems, it's a fine road car.

Quietest car I have ever ridden in and is like riding on a cloud. No wind noise at any speed. Plenty of power with the V6. Stable at all speeds.

Hood and trunk slopes down and can't be seen from drivers seat - makes parking tough. Need to lower windshield a rear windown to improve visability. Go back to the old Lesabre body style. Need to use softer leather on seating. They're not too firm but the hard leather gets uncomfortable