2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Very poor fuel economy
By R. Cardiff on 03/16/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As a long time Park Ave owner, I was spoiled. This Lucerne is no Park Ave! Window sticker showed 28 mpg highway and I have not gotten close to that, 26.3 is best I have gotten and mostly 24 to 25 mpg. On the '04 Park Ave (on the same trips) I would get 31 to 32 mpg. Same engine they say but Buick says they changed the gear ratio and I ask why and get no answer. I find it difficult to get in and out of and the head room is poor. My next car will not be a Buick Lucerne, unless they improve on the fuel economy.

Not my father's Buick
By Satisfied Owner on 02/29/08 08:38 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is not my father's buick. We switched from a Mercury product due to styling, leg room, rear seat room.I am 6'-6" tall and this gives me the room! We can manage about 29MPG on the open road and about 21MPG every day driving, all with regular gas! It has been mistaken for a Lexus ES350 on several occassions.

Vibration to be corrected
By Ted Beernink on 02/05/08 11:02 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Prior to the purchase of the new 2007 Buick Allure CXL (Lucerne in the US) I noted a vibration in the steering and seat at 60 - 70 mph. I was informed by the dealer this would be taken care of. After a wheel balance and replacement of tires the vibration did not disappear. I am not satisfied after paying over $38,000.00 and expect GM to correct the problem. This is my 5th or 6th Buick purchase and I have never encountered this before. The console cup holder design; inside storage; storage at the back of the front seat storage has been greatly limited from previous models. The right hand windshield wiper does not clear road smudge very well. The ride is much quieter and smoother.

Love my Car But???
By Steve on 12/06/07 13:42 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Lucerne, however I do find it a little difficult to get in and out of. Wish the trunk open button was is a move conivent place (believe this has been changed for 2008). Wish there was a lock on gas door. Open from inside of car, and find it hard to use ATM from car.

Lucerne speaks for itself
By Ray on 12/04/07 04:08 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that My Lucerne CSX is one of my better purchases from my previous GM cars. I have been compimented about my Lucerne. I have had people that have commented on the ride, the quiteness, the sport car type handling. I just say with the price of gas today. It is the only drawback, in as far of not getting good gas mileage. But one has to expect that when you have 275 horses to pull you around. All in all I would recommend the Buick Lucerne to all those that would be considering a Japanese equivelent. Quailty, performance, price, and better warranty than those from the Pacific rim. No contest!

2007 CXL Lucernce
By Don on 11/21/07 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased several new Ford Taurus' and one used Lincoln LS since 1988. The 2004 Lincoln LS does not have enough leg room in the back and even though it had bumper to bumper, a wheel bearing, drum, and 3 rims were replaced. Also a recall with a problem in the steering column, I lost all confidence and decided to go with GM. We purchased the last new 2007 CXL Lucerne after test driving the 2008 Sable and Taurus. The Buick felt safer and is built better. With the OnStar and other nice features (including the depreciation difference)we are glad to have a well built, comfortable and dependable car.

The Drivers Car... Buick?
By D Waters on 11/07/07 05:11 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love cars and I am considered a car nut by everyone that knows me. I have owned over thirty cars and have driven countless more in my persuit of the perfict one for me. I never make a purchase without very extensive investigation. If anyone ever told me that my favorite car would be a Buick, I would instantly recommend they seek professional counseling! The 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL is dollar for dollar pound for pound the best inexpensive (23,000) car I have ever owned. There is nothing on the market today that even comes close for the price. I know because I drove everything in the price range of under 30,000 including Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford and Chrysler. The car is irresistable

Pretty but Uncomfortable
By Laurie on 11/02/07 16:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it because it was pretty and felt comfortable. After a week of driving to and from work (40 miles per day), my lower back began to hurt. After three weeks I was unable to drive the car. Driver and passenger seats have no lumbar support. Back seat is comfortable. Traded cars with my husband. He now has to drive with cushions on back of seat. Dealer was of no help. They recommended having an upholsterer rebuild the seats which we will try. We like the very quiet ride and many of the features. Headliner is of poor design with raw edges front and back. Cup holder design is poor.

Very pleased
By Mike C on 10/15/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Dollar for dollar, this car is the best in its class. I purchased a base model for about $23,000 and at that price none of the other vehicles mentioned was even close in ride, power, or equipment. The Chrysler 300 in that price range is incredibly spartan in the interior and has a seriously underpowered 2.7L V6. While the 300 and Toyota handle better, this is clearly due to both vehicles' wider stance and lower profile tires, which necessarily create a rougher ride. If the owner simply wants a powerful, quiet, smooth riding car, rather than one which will take exit ramps at 60 mph, the Lucerne is it.

My Buick Rating
By H.Higdon on 10/08/07 12:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With a few exceptions the Lucerne is a fantastic automobile. It drives and rides like a dream and is the quietest vehicle I have ever ridden in. The drawbacks: visability is poor - can't see where the front or rear is in the case of parking - windows too high obstructing visibility in tight parking areas, can't see parking slot markings. Don't campare vehicle with it's competition in close proximity because the rough sounding 3800 V6 just doesn't sound like something coming from a real classy car. Gas mileage is also 6 to 7 MPG less than my 03 Lesaber with same engine/trans, etc. Softer leather on the seats would also help. Even with these problems, it's a fine road car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.