2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
I said, this ain't your papa's buick!
By DampShip on 12/26/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased with 3800k in 03/08. Now has 58500k. This car continues to drive like a gem. The only incident I've had with it was the driver side door handle broke off once. It was repaired under warranty. The Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8 with Magnetic Ride Control, Magnetic variable assist Rack & Pinion steering & 4-wheel independent suspension is what makes this vehicle a true pleasure to drive. The power seats afford a multitude of comfort settings. Luxurious & quiet, yet rugged and sporty. Can "hug the curves when needed" for a vehicle this size. Acceleration continues to operate flawlessly. Like all V8's, it's hungry for gas. However, aftermarket performance parts can help up MPG.

Uncomfortable
By bob hudson on 01/03/09 05:33 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car gives 28 miles per gallon. The seats are very uncomfortable. We have to use cushions to drive it. Can't see the speedometer in the daytime. It should be brighter (still a nice car). Trunk could be bigger

Lucerne CXS almost perfect luxury
By RazorBob45 on 05/03/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lucerne CXS is a very quiet, comfortable sedan with decent handling. The ride is soft, smooth, but, predictable. We (and other riders) are impressed with GM's OnStar performance as well. Seats are comfortable and infinitely adjustable for tall or short drivers. The NorthStar V8 under the hood is a GEM, delivering quiet,smooth solid power. You get a Cadillac in sheep's clothing with the CXS. Road trips are a pleasure!

Elegant and Reliable
By TomL on 04/11/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just turned 25,000 miles today. The computer says I should need my third oil change at around 30,000 miles. So far two oil changes have been 100% of all repairs and maint. Has not been to the dealer since the day I picked it up. How many Lexus owners can say that? While almost no one knows what it is (the styling is a little too bland) all agree it looks inside and out like a modern luxury sedan. Love the sound of the Northstar with dual exhaust. Even with my less than gental driving I average over 19 mpg. With $3.25 gas I guess I would probably buy the v-6 if I had to do it again however.

Lucerne speaks for itself
By Ray on 12/04/07 04:08 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that My Lucerne CSX is one of my better purchases from my previous GM cars. I have been compimented about my Lucerne. I have had people that have commented on the ride, the quiteness, the sport car type handling. I just say with the price of gas today. It is the only drawback, in as far of not getting good gas mileage. But one has to expect that when you have 275 horses to pull you around. All in all I would recommend the Buick Lucerne to all those that would be considering a Japanese equivelent. Quailty, performance, price, and better warranty than those from the Pacific rim. No contest!

Impressed
By Bill on 08/31/07 21:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in 1999 Park Avenue Ultra. I have bought many new cars in the last 40 years. This Lucerne I feel is by far the finest one of all. Great comfort, good fuel ecomy. Took trip with crise on and got 27.5 miles to the gallon. A very enjoyable car to own and drive. Extremely quiet and a joy to drive.

It Really Should be Called a Wildcat!
By JEFF SHADOW on 08/21/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I finally relented and traded in our 1998 Aurora with 105,000 miles. It had virtually no problems. I did not want a Cadillac yet and will never buy an import vehicle. With Oldsmobile gone I turned to Buick and leased a black 2007 Lucerne CXS with the Cadillac Northstar 4.6 litre V8. The Buick now has three "Wildcat" badges from the 1968 version and has the style to go with the name. GM should have brought back a name like Wildcat rather than Lucerne. In California a "Lucerne" is a half gallon of milk from Safeway, not a county in Switzerland!

I love my "Flying Sofa" (CXS)
By Christian Bellingrat on 05/29/07 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great car to drive, very very quiet, great sound quality with the XM radio, CD, and IPOD. The car offers a lot of space, even in the back, I love the styling. Turn by turn navigation is great. My wife titled the car "Flying Sofa" as riding it is like sitting in your living room. This car replaced a 2003 Mercedes ML350.

GM's Well Kept Secret
By robwel on 05/23/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this CXS for a month and I love it. The magnetic ride control and huge tires on this model provides a far better ride than my 2006 Caddy STS that I traded. This is a great highway cruiser. Very comfortable and extremely quiet. You're getting a DTS Cadillac chasis and engine at a Buick price. The white gold flash tricoatfinish and the beautifully finished chrome wheels makes this a real headturner and I have had several favourable comments from passers by. Truly, GM isnt doing itself any favours by hardly advertising this Buick. It is the best car I have owned. If you are considering a Lexus E-350 or full size Chrysler Hemi, this car warrants a test drive

Buick has done it again.
By dccaptnc on 04/05/07 09:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have just purshased this vehicle. It gives the most quiet ride I have had in any automobile I have owned. It provides ample room inside.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.