Used 2007 Buick Lucerne CXS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

I said, this ain't your papa's buick!
By DampShip

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased with 3800k in 03/08. Now has 58500k. This car continues to drive like a gem. The only incident I've had with it was the driver side door handle broke off once. It was repaired under warranty. The Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8 with Magnetic Ride Control, Magnetic variable assist Rack & Pinion steering & 4-wheel independent suspension is what makes this vehicle a true pleasure to drive. The power seats afford a multitude of comfort settings. Luxurious & quiet, yet rugged and sporty. Can "hug the curves when needed" for a vehicle this size. Acceleration continues to operate flawlessly. Like all V8's, it's hungry for gas. However, aftermarket performance parts can help up MPG.

Rainsense structureless wiper blades, 8-way power driver/ passenger seat with easy exit driver seat and outside mirrors, Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8,dual stainless-steel exhaust with chrome tips, Magnetic Ride Control, magnetic variable-assist rack & pinion steering

Make cup holders deeper, reduce size of dollar pillar obstruction, rear passenger and trunk power outlets should be installed, gas economy.

Uncomfortable
By bob hudson

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car gives 28 miles per gallon. The seats are very uncomfortable. We have to use cushions to drive it. Can't see the speedometer in the daytime. It should be brighter (still a nice car). Trunk could be bigger

Lucerne CXS almost perfect luxury
By RazorBob45

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lucerne CXS is a very quiet, comfortable sedan with decent handling. The ride is soft, smooth, but, predictable. We (and other riders) are impressed with GM's OnStar performance as well. Seats are comfortable and infinitely adjustable for tall or short drivers. The NorthStar V8 under the hood is a GEM, delivering quiet,smooth solid power. You get a Cadillac in sheep's clothing with the CXS. Road trips are a pleasure!

Power passenger seat is equally adjustable as the driver. Ipod input on the radio. Quiet! Cushy w/o being a boat. Confident and powerful on the highway. Roomy back seat. Low trunk lid. Nice exterior design. Remote start. Lighted turn signals on side mirrors.

Dash guages with their blue background are hard to read in daytime. No excuse for that! Getting in or out of the lucerne is harder than other sedans. Steering wheel is large and doesn't telescope. Drivers have to adjust the seat forward to get a comfy grip. Why have it tilt but, not telescope?

Elegant and Reliable
By TomL

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just turned 25,000 miles today. The computer says I should need my third oil change at around 30,000 miles. So far two oil changes have been 100% of all repairs and maint. Has not been to the dealer since the day I picked it up. How many Lexus owners can say that? While almost no one knows what it is (the styling is a little too bland) all agree it looks inside and out like a modern luxury sedan. Love the sound of the Northstar with dual exhaust. Even with my less than gental driving I average over 19 mpg. With $3.25 gas I guess I would probably buy the v-6 if I had to do it again however.

Super comfortable expanded leather front seats. Never have a car without remote start again. Exhaust tone.

Dash looks a little low end. Looks like an Impala dash board. Move the stearing wheels controls. Always hitting them inadvertantly.

Lucerne speaks for itself
By Ray

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that My Lucerne CSX is one of my better purchases from my previous GM cars. I have been compimented about my Lucerne. I have had people that have commented on the ride, the quiteness, the sport car type handling. I just say with the price of gas today. It is the only drawback, in as far of not getting good gas mileage. But one has to expect that when you have 275 horses to pull you around. All in all I would recommend the Buick Lucerne to all those that would be considering a Japanese equivelent. Quailty, performance, price, and better warranty than those from the Pacific rim. No contest!

Performance, quality, ride, quiteness, price.

There is only one Item that I believe that Buick should add to the Lucerne. LED taillights. That would blend so nicely