2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Not an old guys car anymore
By The CarGuy in WV on 01/20/10 19:31 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purched my 2007 Lucerne CXL in Dec. of 09. Im 39 years old & I love the car. Its built on the Cadillac DTS platform and is only 4 inches less than the DTS. Im only able to get 15 mpg out of the 197 HP V6 in the city and haven't really had it out on the open road to check the highway milage. I love that when its cold outside and you start the car with the remote start, the heated seats and the rear defogger come on. Thats a great idea that GM had when designing the car. The ride is great, its a little floaty compared to my 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited, but thats comparing apples to oranges.The Avalon has 265 HP and gets 18 city and 30 hwy. I was hoping to get the same from the Buick. Oh well

My Cream Puff Lucerne
By HPR on 12/18/09 20:55 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Lucerne is a Certified Used Car originally leased for 3 years. The instrument cluster legibility was poor and GM upgraded my 2007 under warranty to the 2009 version with LED lit graphics, lit whenever the ignition is on. Legibility greatly improved. This vehicle is very quiet, smooth and responsive with the 3.8 liter V-6. The powertrain on this model has very high reliability ratings. I can find no fault with this excellent car, and have invested in a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. The tires are great and enhance cornering and highway performance VS the Continental OEM tires.

My dream car is now my nightmare
By My Dream Car on 11/30/09 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Door handle fell off driver's side when I went to open it. Had it replaced. My main problem is that I am riding down the road and it just cuts off. Sometimes it will crank back up but most of the time I have to have it picked up by a wreaker. This has happen 4 times in the last 3 months. The dealer cannot find out what is causing it because when they get it will not do it again. I pick it up and drive it for two weeks and it happens again. Love my car but am very frustrated with it. I am afraid to go on a trip at all.

V6 Fuel Pig
By Buick Man on 02/12/09 04:52 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Sometimes it feels like the only way I could get the gas mileage to be better is if I pushed it with the engine off! I cannot get this over 21mpg I am not an aggressive driver. I set the cruise between 65 and 70 yet still the avg MPG never goes above 21 on the highway, Sometimes I feel that I should have bought the V8, at least I would have had some power with my cruddy gas mileage (or I may have even gotten better mileage with the V8). Why did GM kill the 3.8? 2000 LeSabre had 15 more hp, better torque and 33mpg on the highway. What/why did they change it?

Best car I ever owned
By rich on 08/26/08 02:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars in my life, but this Buick has almost everything, from the OnStar to a custom paint job. The comfort level is perfect and my mileage is 17 city 33 hwy. I can't wait to buy one for my wife.

Not a Roadmaster "but"
By Harold on 08/18/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is not my 95 Roadmaster but I didn't expect it to be. Mileage is a little disappointing with the 6 cylinder, 17-19 city 28.5 - 30.6 Highway excellent fit and finish, like the driver info center. plenty of leg room. head room when entering could be better.

Great Vehicle
By Longhorn1 on 07/25/08 12:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have over 22,000 miles and love this Buick. Have had zero problems. Car is very comfortable and especially quiet. I get 21.5 mpg in all around driving. I find seats are very comfortable even after long trips. It is a great car!

Good car, but not a Park Ave
By happylegs on 06/30/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2003 Buick Park Avenue, and I bought the 2007 Lucerne CXL in February 2008 as a retirement vehicle. It only took one 400 mile trip to make me appreciate my Park Avenue, and be glad that I did not sell or trade it. I love the way the Lucerne handles on a rainy road; however, the seats are not comfortable, the gas mileage is poor, the entry and exiting process is a torture for me at 6' 2'', and left turns and parking are a chore. My long road trips will continue to be made in the Park Avenue. My wife can drive the Lucerne around town. I will only buy another Buick if they improve on the issues mentioned.

Lucerne is a Pretty Darn Good Car!
By Joe on 05/28/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car one year old when my Avalon started acting up down in Florida. Drove 800 miles one day heading North, never could have driven that far with my Avalon and the horrible seats. This Lucerne is far superior to my old Avalon. Have had new Caddy's Saabs, and my Toyota Avalon, this is by far the best car I have owned!

Poor fuel economy
By jbeagle on 04/04/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this as a left over and got a good deal. We replaced our 98 Regal GS with this car and have not been thrilled with the mpg. The dealer tells us everything is working fine and there is nothing to fix, the estimates are based on an outdated criteria that is not realistic. We are averaging less than 20 mpg combined highway/city. Even on long trips we do not see an appreciable gain. Otherwise the car is well made, quiet and very comfortable (bench seat in front), and at 6'4" that is saying something. For the first 1000 miles there was an annoying vibration int he front during breaking, but as the dealer predicted this has gone away

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.