2007 Buick Lucerne CX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lucerne Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Sort Reviews by

Classic American Sedan
By burkewhb

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Buick Lucerne CX for 4 years and had almost no problems with it at all. The engine and transmission are both very smooth, and the acceleration, zero to 60 in 9 seconds, is not earth shaking but quite adequate. I love the looks of the car, especially the grille (I got the blacked out grille with ming blue) and the side view. The ride of the car is superb and extremely quiet. My only complaints about the car would be the around town mileage (16) is mediocre and the turning radius (44ft?) makes parking in tight spaces tricky. Over the road mileage (26) is ok.

Favorite Features

I like the console gear shift control, which has detentes and makes up and down manual shifting very easy. The tire pressure monitor is very useful and has helped me catch two tires going flat with very slow leaks. The trunk is good sized and very adequate. My car has the harmon/kardon 8 speaker sound system, the only option I got, and it's great. The car has been extremely reliable. I had a very minor leak in the power steering system the first year I had the car and my mechanic just tightened up a connection, and I've had no problems since.

Suggested Improvements

The engine could use a little more horsepower in certain situations, although it's usually adequate. Turning circle is ridiculous. I would like a semi-automatic manual shift capabilty to make driving more fun. Mileage isn't the greatest, especially around town. I though a V6 would be much better. I suppose the weight of the car (3760 lbs) is the problem.

Buick Lucerne, beautiful, reliable
By William H Burke, J

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 years, and have had absolutely zero problems with it. It does 0 to 60 in 9 seconds, plenty fast enough for me, and has a magnificent ride. I have had several complements from total strangers on how beautiful it looks: I have the blacked out grill with ming blue. The aluminum wheels are nice. Anybody who compares this car with an Avalon or Azela(?) or Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable is completely out of their mind! My only complaint is the fuel mileage: I get 26 on the open road - not as good as the 29 I got with my 2000 LeSabre.

Favorite Features

Looks, especially the grill. Extremely smooth transmission and acceleration. I think the brakes are good. I have the Harmon/Kardon sound system and it has a great sound!

Suggested Improvements

I would like a little more horsepower. I don't know why Buick lowered it to 197 when the previous LeSabres had 205. Mileage around town is mediocre (15).

Well Pleased!
By John

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new. Classy looks, smooth and quiet ride, fun to drive. Satisfied with gas mileage, e.g., 31mpg on highway and 19.5mpg suburban driving. Blind spots at center and front roof supports. DIC extremely helpful. Dimming mirror great for night time driving. Front seat lumbar supports too high. 'Had to buy seat pillows for driver and front passenger seats. Rear seats slanted too sharply, making it hard to get out...especially for elderly. OnStar system easy to use. Only one repair was needed in 14 months (steering).

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet, comfortable ride, DIC; dimming mirror, good looks.

Suggested Improvements

To improve entry and egress, raise passenger seats a couple of inches and reduce seat angle at 5 degrees. An additional 12 volt receptacle. Reposition inside trunk release button.

2007 Lucerne CX
By John

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new over a year ago. Love the design, smoothness & quietness of ride. Get 18.5-20.5 mpg suburb driving and 27-31 mpg on trips. Reasonable pickup. Arrive at distant destinations rested. Somewhat difficult getting in and out, especially for elderly. Seating comfortable but non- adjustable lumbar support too high (I'm 5'll")and seat seems short front to back. A 2 1/2" seat pillow corrected the lumbar problem. Roof supports create dangerous blind spots that took six - eight months to accommodate. Inside trunk release button awkwardly located. After 14000 miles, no mechanical problems.

Pretty but Uncomfortable
By Laurie

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it because it was pretty and felt comfortable. After a week of driving to and from work (40 miles per day), my lower back began to hurt. After three weeks I was unable to drive the car. Driver and passenger seats have no lumbar support. Back seat is comfortable. Traded cars with my husband. He now has to drive with cushions on back of seat. Dealer was of no help. They recommended having an upholsterer rebuild the seats which we will try. We like the very quiet ride and many of the features. Headliner is of poor design with raw edges front and back. Cup holder design is poor.

Favorite Features

Cloth upholstery in shale color, quiet ride, OnStar, radio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Design of front seats (seat back puts spine into a very uncomfortable position), better cup holder locations, improved installation of headliner, change location of button to unlock trunk.

Very pleased
By Mike C

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Dollar for dollar, this car is the best in its class. I purchased a base model for about $23,000 and at that price none of the other vehicles mentioned was even close in ride, power, or equipment. The Chrysler 300 in that price range is incredibly spartan in the interior and has a seriously underpowered 2.7L V6. While the 300 and Toyota handle better, this is clearly due to both vehicles' wider stance and lower profile tires, which necessarily create a rougher ride. If the owner simply wants a powerful, quiet, smooth riding car, rather than one which will take exit ramps at 60 mph, the Lucerne is it.

Favorite Features

Comes with same engine and transmission regardless of model purchased; very smooth and quiet ride; well equipped on base model.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger power seat should be standard on a vehicle in this class.

Who designed this car?
By elevator-craneman

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

For a big car it is small inside. The seats are not comfortable. Very little elbow room between seats. In the first year the car has been back at the dealership for four weeks. I have had a lot of electrical problems, erratic fan blower twice and remote entry failure. The owners manual says that the climate control is suppose to automaticly cool and heat with remote start, it does not. The dealership tells me it is not suppose to. I guess the owners manual must be wrong, not! I have had it back twice for a knock in the steering column. Turning radius is no very tight. Have to make wide turns when entering head in parking spot

Favorite Features

Remote start, diming mirrors, back up sensor

Suggested Improvements

Fix those seats, they are not wide enough, It feels like the seat is not derecly positioned in front of the steering wheel

Buick Lucerne Report
By Carlton Robbins

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Buick Lucerne on May 10th. The Buick Lucerne with the 3800 V6 Series III engine was the best choice for our needs. In June we made a 2,035 mile trip to North Carolina. We enjoyed a most confortable ride, it was quiet and with the added secure feeling provided by the OnStar system. Today fuel economy is important and on 1,379 mile of mostly Interstate we averaged 30.2 MPG, and on 656 miles of rurual travel we averaged 27.4 MPG. I was pleased with this performance on our first road trip. The Lucerne is definitely in the class with the Avalon and Chrysler 300.

Favorite Features

The excellent ride that comes from the same platforms as the Cadillac DTS. The improved technology of the driver information center and the OnStar system. Also the improved collision saftey enhanced by OnStar. And, the extended warranty, 4 year 50,000 and 5 year 100,000. This all adds value.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time, some may come later.

The best car I've ever owned!
By Ron

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride and handling. Great styling. Sportier looking than Toyota Avalon or Cadillac DTS (two of my other considerations). Lots of head and leg room both front and rear (and I'm 6'1"). Interior layout is great (all cotrols are right where they should be). Quality is first class. Not one problem to report after six months of ownership. Forget the Northstar V8 and stick with the 3800 V6 engine. Its a solid engine with a long track record. I had it in my '92 LeSabre and it was still going strong at 200,000 miles. Getting around 22 MPG in town and averaged 31 MPG highway on a recent 700 mile trip.

Favorite Features

Styling. Interior layout. Quietness.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Good Car/ Poor Dealer
By Laverne

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car! Took to the dealer for a minor adjustment. (2400 miles) They did a recall on the remote control. Today, the ABS warning light, the traction control warning light, and the tire pressure monitor warning light came on and stayed on. Now, we will see if the dealer can undo the miscue. Slightly less "get-up-and-go" of my LeSabre. Otherwise I am pleased with the overall performance and looks of the car.

Favorite Features

TPM, rainsense wipers, GDO, All of the "gingerbread" electronics! The good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel. Adjustable pedals for my wife.