2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Classic American Sedan
By burkewhb on 03/23/11 17:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Buick Lucerne CX for 4 years and had almost no problems with it at all. The engine and transmission are both very smooth, and the acceleration, zero to 60 in 9 seconds, is not earth shaking but quite adequate. I love the looks of the car, especially the grille (I got the blacked out grille with ming blue) and the side view. The ride of the car is superb and extremely quiet. My only complaints about the car would be the around town mileage (16) is mediocre and the turning radius (44ft?) makes parking in tight spaces tricky. Over the road mileage (26) is ok.

Great car, but for driver's seat
By tament on 08/03/10 14:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 3 years and absolutely loved it. The only, and I mean only, drawback was the driver's seat was a little uncomfortable. I'm a big man and it just wasn't enough seat for me. The back seat was like a limo. Performance was top notch. I never had a single problem with this car. I bought it used and it had been owned by Avis rental and had 32k miles its first year. Then I bought it and put another 35k on it the next two years before opting for a new convertible. However, I did have second thoughts before trading this car because it was a gem. If you are in the market for an a+ sedan this is it.

Not an old guys car anymore
By The CarGuy in WV on 01/20/10 19:31 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purched my 2007 Lucerne CXL in Dec. of 09. Im 39 years old & I love the car. Its built on the Cadillac DTS platform and is only 4 inches less than the DTS. Im only able to get 15 mpg out of the 197 HP V6 in the city and haven't really had it out on the open road to check the highway milage. I love that when its cold outside and you start the car with the remote start, the heated seats and the rear defogger come on. Thats a great idea that GM had when designing the car. The ride is great, its a little floaty compared to my 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited, but thats comparing apples to oranges.The Avalon has 265 HP and gets 18 city and 30 hwy. I was hoping to get the same from the Buick. Oh well

I said, this ain't your papa's buick!
By DampShip on 12/26/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased with 3800k in 03/08. Now has 58500k. This car continues to drive like a gem. The only incident I've had with it was the driver side door handle broke off once. It was repaired under warranty. The Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8 with Magnetic Ride Control, Magnetic variable assist Rack & Pinion steering & 4-wheel independent suspension is what makes this vehicle a true pleasure to drive. The power seats afford a multitude of comfort settings. Luxurious & quiet, yet rugged and sporty. Can "hug the curves when needed" for a vehicle this size. Acceleration continues to operate flawlessly. Like all V8's, it's hungry for gas. However, aftermarket performance parts can help up MPG.

My Cream Puff Lucerne
By HPR on 12/18/09 20:55 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Lucerne is a Certified Used Car originally leased for 3 years. The instrument cluster legibility was poor and GM upgraded my 2007 under warranty to the 2009 version with LED lit graphics, lit whenever the ignition is on. Legibility greatly improved. This vehicle is very quiet, smooth and responsive with the 3.8 liter V-6. The powertrain on this model has very high reliability ratings. I can find no fault with this excellent car, and have invested in a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. The tires are great and enhance cornering and highway performance VS the Continental OEM tires.

My dream car is now my nightmare
By My Dream Car on 11/30/09 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Door handle fell off driver's side when I went to open it. Had it replaced. My main problem is that I am riding down the road and it just cuts off. Sometimes it will crank back up but most of the time I have to have it picked up by a wreaker. This has happen 4 times in the last 3 months. The dealer cannot find out what is causing it because when they get it will not do it again. I pick it up and drive it for two weeks and it happens again. Love my car but am very frustrated with it. I am afraid to go on a trip at all.

Buick Lucerne, beautiful, reliable
By William H Burke, J on 02/26/09 15:42 PM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 years, and have had absolutely zero problems with it. It does 0 to 60 in 9 seconds, plenty fast enough for me, and has a magnificent ride. I have had several complements from total strangers on how beautiful it looks: I have the blacked out grill with ming blue. The aluminum wheels are nice. Anybody who compares this car with an Avalon or Azela(?) or Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable is completely out of their mind! My only complaint is the fuel mileage: I get 26 on the open road - not as good as the 29 I got with my 2000 LeSabre.

V6 Fuel Pig
By Buick Man on 02/12/09 04:52 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Sometimes it feels like the only way I could get the gas mileage to be better is if I pushed it with the engine off! I cannot get this over 21mpg I am not an aggressive driver. I set the cruise between 65 and 70 yet still the avg MPG never goes above 21 on the highway, Sometimes I feel that I should have bought the V8, at least I would have had some power with my cruddy gas mileage (or I may have even gotten better mileage with the V8). Why did GM kill the 3.8? 2000 LeSabre had 15 more hp, better torque and 33mpg on the highway. What/why did they change it?

Uncomfortable
By bob hudson on 01/03/09 05:33 AM (PST)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car gives 28 miles per gallon. The seats are very uncomfortable. We have to use cushions to drive it. Can't see the speedometer in the daytime. It should be brighter (still a nice car). Trunk could be bigger

It takes More than Quiet to Make Luxury
By C. Sherwood on 10/20/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car was a dealer demo. I was sold based on a test drive. It was and remains very quiet and luxurious feeling in that aspect. However, the driver's seat left side molding cracked and broke of its own accord, with a quarter-sized piece popping off and landing in the driver's foot well. Now, two weeks later, it seems like the entire driver's door interior panel is trying to separate from the metal, with a give of at least an inch when closing the door. Two months ago, the OnStar stopped working on its own and took 3 tries to fix. Handling feels weird at 45 mph like Cruise is taking over on its own. Very disappointing all around and I wish I could have my Chrysler 300 back.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.