Used 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2007 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Not an old guys car anymore
By The CarGuy in WV

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purched my 2007 Lucerne CXL in Dec. of 09. Im 39 years old & I love the car. Its built on the Cadillac DTS platform and is only 4 inches less than the DTS. Im only able to get 15 mpg out of the 197 HP V6 in the city and haven't really had it out on the open road to check the highway milage. I love that when its cold outside and you start the car with the remote start, the heated seats and the rear defogger come on. Thats a great idea that GM had when designing the car. The ride is great, its a little floaty compared to my 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited, but thats comparing apples to oranges.The Avalon has 265 HP and gets 18 city and 30 hwy. I was hoping to get the same from the Buick. Oh well

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel/seats, remote start, trunk pops open FULLY.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

My Cream Puff Lucerne
By HPR

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Lucerne is a Certified Used Car originally leased for 3 years. The instrument cluster legibility was poor and GM upgraded my 2007 under warranty to the 2009 version with LED lit graphics, lit whenever the ignition is on. Legibility greatly improved. This vehicle is very quiet, smooth and responsive with the 3.8 liter V-6. The powertrain on this model has very high reliability ratings. I can find no fault with this excellent car, and have invested in a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. The tires are great and enhance cornering and highway performance VS the Continental OEM tires.

Favorite Features

Quiet cabin AM-FM-XM radio w/ 6CD and Harmon Kardon Heated seats in our northern locale Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires

Suggested Improvements

Door handle failure seems chronic since 2006 introduction

My dream car is now my nightmare
By My Dream Car

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Door handle fell off driver's side when I went to open it. Had it replaced. My main problem is that I am riding down the road and it just cuts off. Sometimes it will crank back up but most of the time I have to have it picked up by a wreaker. This has happen 4 times in the last 3 months. The dealer cannot find out what is causing it because when they get it will not do it again. I pick it up and drive it for two weeks and it happens again. Love my car but am very frustrated with it. I am afraid to go on a trip at all.

Favorite Features

Love the styling, love the way it rides. It's not your grandmother's car.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality workmanship. Quieter ride.

V6 Fuel Pig
By Buick Man

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Sometimes it feels like the only way I could get the gas mileage to be better is if I pushed it with the engine off! I cannot get this over 21mpg I am not an aggressive driver. I set the cruise between 65 and 70 yet still the avg MPG never goes above 21 on the highway, Sometimes I feel that I should have bought the V8, at least I would have had some power with my cruddy gas mileage (or I may have even gotten better mileage with the V8). Why did GM kill the 3.8? 2000 LeSabre had 15 more hp, better torque and 33mpg on the highway. What/why did they change it?

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel, heated seats, remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Take the drivetrain (which I thought was the same anyway) from my 2000 LeSabre (more power, 33mpg) and put it in this fuel pig.

Best car I ever owned
By rich

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars in my life, but this Buick has almost everything, from the OnStar to a custom paint job. The comfort level is perfect and my mileage is 17 city 33 hwy. I can't wait to buy one for my wife.

Favorite Features

DIC, dashboard, comfort and controls. All the extras, including dimming mirror, leather, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Not much, maybe a higher front end and more 12v recepticals.