Used 2007 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2007 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Classic American Sedan
By burkewhb

2007 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Buick Lucerne CX for 4 years and had almost no problems with it at all. The engine and transmission are both very smooth, and the acceleration, zero to 60 in 9 seconds, is not earth shaking but quite adequate. I love the looks of the car, especially the grille (I got the blacked out grille with ming blue) and the side view. The ride of the car is superb and extremely quiet. My only complaints about the car would be the around town mileage (16) is mediocre and the turning radius (44ft?) makes parking in tight spaces tricky. Over the road mileage (26) is ok.

Favorite Features

I like the console gear shift control, which has detentes and makes up and down manual shifting very easy. The tire pressure monitor is very useful and has helped me catch two tires going flat with very slow leaks. The trunk is good sized and very adequate. My car has the harmon/kardon 8 speaker sound system, the only option I got, and it's great. The car has been extremely reliable. I had a very minor leak in the power steering system the first year I had the car and my mechanic just tightened up a connection, and I've had no problems since.

Suggested Improvements

The engine could use a little more horsepower in certain situations, although it's usually adequate. Turning circle is ridiculous. I would like a semi-automatic manual shift capabilty to make driving more fun. Mileage isn't the greatest, especially around town. I though a V6 would be much better. I suppose the weight of the car (3760 lbs) is the problem.

Great car, but for driver's seat
By tament

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 3 years and absolutely loved it. The only, and I mean only, drawback was the driver's seat was a little uncomfortable. I'm a big man and it just wasn't enough seat for me. The back seat was like a limo. Performance was top notch. I never had a single problem with this car. I bought it used and it had been owned by Avis rental and had 32k miles its first year. Then I bought it and put another 35k on it the next two years before opting for a new convertible. However, I did have second thoughts before trading this car because it was a gem. If you are in the market for an a+ sedan this is it.

Favorite Features

Huge back seat. The V8 was a real go getter. Great styling. A really nice sporty "American made" sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat was a little narrow and a little soft for a 275 pound guy. Probably not a problem for smaller folks.

Not an old guys car anymore
By The CarGuy in WV

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purched my 2007 Lucerne CXL in Dec. of 09. Im 39 years old & I love the car. Its built on the Cadillac DTS platform and is only 4 inches less than the DTS. Im only able to get 15 mpg out of the 197 HP V6 in the city and haven't really had it out on the open road to check the highway milage. I love that when its cold outside and you start the car with the remote start, the heated seats and the rear defogger come on. Thats a great idea that GM had when designing the car. The ride is great, its a little floaty compared to my 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited, but thats comparing apples to oranges.The Avalon has 265 HP and gets 18 city and 30 hwy. I was hoping to get the same from the Buick. Oh well

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel/seats, remote start, trunk pops open FULLY.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

I said, this ain't your papa's buick!
By DampShip

2007 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased with 3800k in 03/08. Now has 58500k. This car continues to drive like a gem. The only incident I've had with it was the driver side door handle broke off once. It was repaired under warranty. The Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8 with Magnetic Ride Control, Magnetic variable assist Rack & Pinion steering & 4-wheel independent suspension is what makes this vehicle a true pleasure to drive. The power seats afford a multitude of comfort settings. Luxurious & quiet, yet rugged and sporty. Can "hug the curves when needed" for a vehicle this size. Acceleration continues to operate flawlessly. Like all V8's, it's hungry for gas. However, aftermarket performance parts can help up MPG.

Favorite Features

Rainsense structureless wiper blades, 8-way power driver/ passenger seat with easy exit driver seat and outside mirrors, Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8,dual stainless-steel exhaust with chrome tips, Magnetic Ride Control, magnetic variable-assist rack & pinion steering

Suggested Improvements

Make cup holders deeper, reduce size of dollar pillar obstruction, rear passenger and trunk power outlets should be installed, gas economy.

My Cream Puff Lucerne
By HPR

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Lucerne is a Certified Used Car originally leased for 3 years. The instrument cluster legibility was poor and GM upgraded my 2007 under warranty to the 2009 version with LED lit graphics, lit whenever the ignition is on. Legibility greatly improved. This vehicle is very quiet, smooth and responsive with the 3.8 liter V-6. The powertrain on this model has very high reliability ratings. I can find no fault with this excellent car, and have invested in a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. The tires are great and enhance cornering and highway performance VS the Continental OEM tires.

Favorite Features

Quiet cabin AM-FM-XM radio w/ 6CD and Harmon Kardon Heated seats in our northern locale Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires

Suggested Improvements

Door handle failure seems chronic since 2006 introduction