2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Review: Unexpected - now mine

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Review

Unexpected - now mine
By Mark D on

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

At 31, I'm suprised I bought a Buick. I had a 2003 Lexus ES300, but needed more space. Quite the benchmark for the next car. Chrysler 300... poor build quality, cheap interior. I had all the intention to buy an Avalon. Then, I went to the auto show in Phoenix, saw the Lucerne on stage and it piqued my interest. So I waited. With the positive reviews, the "auto" blogs, research and then in for a testdrive...well, done deal. Though not on par as far as build quality to the Lexus/Toyota, it makes up for it in design, ride, value, safety and the benefits of OnStar. That feature outshines any navigation system offered by the other marks. Top the deal with J.D. Power ratings for the Buick line.

OnStar, quality leather, interior trim, heated/memory seats, remote start, silent ride, elegant exterior style, safety rating (air bags all around)and serene environment.

Move the trunk release to the driver's door. Needs fold down rear seats, not just pass through. Though an old tech engine & tranny, it works perfect and more responsive than the Lexus I just got rid of. The powertrain spec. #'s decieve on paper until you drive it. Completely validating purchase.