2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Review: Our Lucerne

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Review

Our Lucerne
By John R on

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned Buicks since 1988. Our first 3 were all Buick Rivieras - the last two were the retooled luxury sports sedans of 1995 and 1998 and we loved them. We were most disappointed when Buick shelved the Rivs. However, even though our Lucerne is 4- door, we equate its handling to that of our beloved Riviera. It is fun to drive and it is quiet. And it is sharp looking as well. After only a couple of weeks my wife and I were both saying - we love this car. Thanks Buick. You kept us around by introducing the Lucerne.

Heated/cooled seats, rear-parking assist, spacious trunk and back seat area, rain sensing wipers. And memory seats - great to have that feature available (I am 6'4" and my wife is 5') so the memory seats save my knees every time.

Adjustable pedals would be great. Also, display is a little hard to read when the headlights are not on. Looks sharp, but sometimes difficult to read speedometer. Would love to see the digital displays brought back (particularly speed display).