2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Review: Not Stunning

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Review

Not Stunning
By sequoyah101 on

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife insisted on a V8 to replace the Park Avenue so we got this one after looking at an Avalon, 535 and 350GS and a CTS. If this car had a 6 speed transmission and the engine wouldn't rev so high at cruise (feel like I have to keep my foot in it) and it could get much better mileage (never been better than abt 24 to 25 and abt 20 in mixed driving) it would be great but it doesn't and it isn't but it is OK. This should be a 30 mpg car like the old PA. Buick just went too far with the acceleration "performance" tuning of this car to no good end. Like the styling, interior is nice without being fussy though the seats hit me wrong for some reason it is still comfortable enough.

Interior fit and finish is good, car looks good. Engine has a throaty note, kinda neat but more bark than bite. It competes well for the price.

Needs a 6 speed tranny with OD, better mileage. I would like the suspension to be a tad stiffer for better handling.