2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Review: My Buick CXS is a Dream Vehicl

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Review

My Buick CXS is a Dream Vehicle
By RDS on

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I initially drove the XL & purchased a CXL for a weekend. The CXS is a whole different breed of vehicle. The V8 engine & the 18-inch wheels make the drive a lot like the Buicks of old. I love the ride as well as the four pseudo vent holes on the front fenders. The Northstar V8 has excellent acceleration -- I felt that the V6 engine even though very adequate did not have the smooth acceleration of the V8. I know that gas is very costly now but the ride & the power of this vehicle make it wonderful. I feel like a little kid when driving it. I considered a Cadillac STS but this car was $6,000- $7,000 less with the same engine & drive train. I love my CXS very much & highly recommend it.

The 6 CD audio system with 9 speakers is wonderful. The lumbar heated seats are great. The 18-inch wheels make the ride smooth & cushiony -- great on the road -- a real work of art. I love my sunroof -- it is quiet & I don't hear any wind noise like in my old Park Avenue.

The u-shaped truck hinges go down into the trunk area somewhat but I don't think its a big deal.