Lemon of all Lemons
By CK1 on
2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
After three Honda's I decided to get a roomier family sedan than the Accord. I heard nothing but good things about the Lucerne. Within one day of purchasing the right rear passanger door would not open. Warranty repair. Three days later there was a loud metallic grinding. The dust cover for the crankshaft was rubbing against the crankshaft. Warranty repair. The keyless remote broke three times. Three trips to the dealership. Yesterday the oil pump failed and starved the engine of oil. The engine has to be completely replaced. The car is three months old and has 2500 miles on it! I spent most of those miles driving to get it repaired. I am going to attempt a GM buyback.
Favorite Features
My experience has only served to renforce what people have been saying about American car quality for 20 years. Don't make the same mistake I did in beleiving anything had changed.
Suggested Improvements
Since all the malfunctions on the car were not related, this car has all sorts of problems with build quality. I read that the oil pump on this engine is prone to failure if not installed correctly, so I would not be surprised if other V-6 Lucerne's will soon have a similar problem. Don't buy one.