2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Review: Kinda wish I'd kept my Park Av

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Review

Kinda wish I'd kept my Park Ave Ultra
By Ron S on

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car but it is definitely not a Park Ave replacement! So far I've not had any problems but I miss the roominess and some features of the 2003 Park Ave Ultra. I miss the Ultra Heads Up Display feature the most but it appears to be not available in any type of sedan style auto. I swore that I would not buy a new vehicle without HUD but I broke down since it appears that no HUD is forthcoming in the next several years models. Center console convenience of this car leaves a bit to be desired. Door and window posts are a bit too thick and impair visibilty. Also needs more infinite steering wheel adjustment so when in driving position view of speedometer is not obstructed.

Love the exterior styling, ride, quietness, handling and power. Gas mileage very good for this 4.6 liter Northstar engine.

Bring back the Heads Up Display, in fact, make it standard equipment. It is a fantastic safety feature since one never has to take eyes off the road. Widen front seats by at least an inch. Bring back power trunk lid drawdown,locking gas door with inside remote release and adjustable head restraints.