Great Cruiser - but little else
By mbarker on
2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I bought the Lucerne due to a job change that requires that I drive 125 interstate miles roundtrip each day. Very comfortable/roomy car that is very quiet. It was made to cruise the highway. Even with the V-8 it's not very spirited and it handles like a bus. It was not made for evasive or sporty driving. The fuel mileage has been on average about 26 mpg with 90% of driving on the highway. The cooled seats are great and keep you comfortable in hot humid weather. The Harmon Kardon stereo is average at best. It has the Continetal tires and there is a vibration the dealer can't get rid of. They claim "excessive road force variation" and it's not covered by the certified warranty.
Favorite Features
Cooled seats, roominess for all passengers, good mileage with a V8, quiet cabin which is great for bluetooth headsets, comfortable soft ride, it was made for cruising the highway, good stereo/cruise controls on the steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
More legroom, slightly more supportive seats, a better high-end stereo, bland interior design, the plastic dash looks cheap, the brakes are soft on not responsive enough for emergency stops, a slightly firmer suspension would be a good trade-off to get better handling.
By coolcue
on 03/29/13 18:18 PM (PDT)

I have a 2006 csx. My feeling is that the car could have been built better. The brakes of course is soft and the stereo could have and should have been much better. I love the look and feel of the car but it takes more to make a good car. This is going to be the last GM car I purchase. I feel I can get more for my money.