2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Good Value
By jollyviking30 on 09/08/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The setting of, and operation of the controls is very confusing. Damn car wants to take over ( ie windshield wipers, lights etc)Brakes are very weak, and I know the pads are going to have to be changed yearly. Mileage is not very good, and no gas station attendant has figured out how to open the gas cap .I love the color and shape of this car. Overall I liked my 1997 Bonnevile better.

Buick Lucerne
By not old on 09/07/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

On a recent 2200 mi trip I really enjoyed my drive. I drove the entire trip by myself. I did find that the seats were comfortable and the heated seat helped with fatigue even in July. Avg about 29 mpg at 75 - 80 mph. There was a problem with the AC dripping condensation on my left foot.

Fond of first American car in years
By JAY CIPES on 09/06/06 23:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We find it a very quiet, responsive, comfortable car. No regrets. Just the gas mileage.

Stylish enough for the younger crowd
By Ray on 09/01/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever been in. I am so happy to own this car. The 0% does not hurt either. So quiet. I don't have the worry that I would have if I had bought the Huyndai Azera. Toyota fell off with the 2007 Camry and Avalon. Now that I own a Lucerne, I don't want any any of the others. When driving the other cars I still wanted a Lucerne. And I'm only 31 yrs old.

Disgusted with the vehicle
By Eldon Lindsey on 08/28/06 20:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have discovered a multiple of defects in the mechanics of this vehicle. Prominent is the left side mirror moves to unusable positions. Mechanics have refused to repair the defect after bringing it to them about 10 times. Also, the sunroof would not close. I had to repair it. I found a cable loose under the car the second day I owned it. Gas mileage has registered as low as 10.2 MPG, while the DIC says 13.8 consistently. The doors sometimes lock on their own when the vehicle is setting still, unattended. And there are more.

My driving experience
By Horace alex jr on 08/28/06 04:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car does for me what the big boys have without the price. A very smooth ride with the feal and ride to a much heavier auto. To this point no problems with realibality. As much power as one will need in todays driving world. Fuel comsumption is better than expected with the V-6 at about 19.5 city and 29 hiway. Very large rear seeting area for 3 normal size indivuals. Sporty body style .

Nicest Car I Ever Owned
By John Summers on 08/28/06 04:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has more bells and whistles than one can imagine. Remote start is great in south Texas where the humidity is so oppressive. It's great to get into a cool car. Gas mileage is great. I can go to Lafayette, LA and return on one tank of gas.

Buick Lucerne
By tom on 08/25/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the comfortable ride and the soundproofing that was put into this car. Excellent room and has a large truck with low riser that my wife appreciates. Considered an Avalon but this was a better value based on pricing and features.

2006 Lucerne CX
By waynenovotny on 08/25/06 10:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had the car a couple weeks but are very happy with it so far. Rides smooth and quiet and gets better mileage than my V-6 Chevy Malibu. It feels very solid on the road. Like a friend of mine said when he saw it, "that car screams road trip!"

Try it, you will like it
By jabutix on 08/21/06 14:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car drives and rides beautifully. The family felt wonderful after a 600 mile drive, so conmfortable it is. I was amazed at the gas mileage. Very good for such a big car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.