Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

I love it but
By Ann

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the car. It is probably the best driving and riding Buick I have had. The only problems are the headliner is sagging in the front and the driverís side door handle pulled out. Took it back to the dealership and have to bring it back when the part for the door handle comes in and an upholsterer will have to work on the headliner. The car has 6000 miles on it.

Very comfortable ride and drives wonderful.

GM needs to do a little better with its inspection. A new car should not have these kind of problems.

Think Twice Before You Buy
By 06lucerne

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Lucerne for almost 10 months and am getting rid of it in the next week. Vibration/shimmy issues that will not stay corrected after at least seven attempts to repair and three sets of tires. Also steering wheel issue that has not been corrected and rotors had to be machined already. At a distance, it is a beautiful car but when yous start looking at the details, they've cut too many corners. Some of the interior materials are of poor quality and some of the design details are downright shoddy. It is not what the Park Avenue was. Make sure you test drive many miles before you buy! If I could do it over, I would have bought a Toyota, Lexus or Acura.

Memory seat. Large trunk. Interior space for passengers

Take the trunk release out of the glove box. Finish the edge on the headliner. Put leather on the sides of the front seats. Improve turning radius. Make adjustment to the dashboard display so that it can be seen in bright sunlight. Update interior accessory options to be in line with competition.

Buick Lucerne CXS is Wonderful
By RDS

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my CXS. I had initially bought a CXL-V6 for a weekend and was not pleased. Once I drove the CXS, I felt that it was a totally different vehicle. The 18-inch wheels, the stabilitrac suspension and the overall ride are wonderful. On the road it is a dream. I have nicknamed it "The Cruiser" which is what my grandchildren call it when they want to ride in it. It is very comfortable and I feel safe when driving it. We live at a time when the #1 thing which people discuss about a vehicle is the gas mileage. I still feel that the #1 issue should be safety. Overall, I love my CXS. It is a wonderful vehicle which I would highly recommend.

Smooth ride on long wheel base, overall look (with 4 "vent holes" on either side and the black grill versus the chrome), 18-inch wheels, overall comfort when "cruising".

Turn radius is large, trunk unlatch button on the driver's side (it is currently in the glove compartment), telescoping steering wheel.

Looks good, but not a Park Avenue
By Ed Sheehy

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my wife's '99 Park Avenue (the best car that we ever owned). It looks wonderful (red w/ tan leather). The 3.8 is a solid performer. However, there is a fair amount of torque steer on acceleration. Over the highway, it does not seem to have the stability that the Park Avenue had. The biggest issue is the flimsiness of the interior door panels-they creak any time that you pull on them. Also the seat belt guides have become worn where the seat belts have sliced into them. It is hardly noticeable but it should not happen! To make matters worse, the parts needed to correct this are on "nationwide back order". I guess it is more common than the dealer wants to tell me!

Good power with plenty of room. Looks great!

Better interior build quality! Bring back the Park Ave! Haven't we fixed the fan belt squeal when you go through a puddle yet?

Disappointed
By fred

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a lot of problems with our Lucerne. Bad battery after 5 months. Fuel problems that required over two months to fix. Steering problems and lots of rattles. Very poor gas mileage. I would trade back for my 2003 Park Avenue, straight across.

• SUV