Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

'06 Lucerne
By chas4bass

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle. Looks fantastic - drives OK. Too low for freeway driving. Still feels like your "Grandpa's car"! Sold as extremely quiet but has developed too many rattles for 18 months. Time to sell it.

XM radio.

None

Loyalty Finally Pays Off
By Nice Ride

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Lucerne is the perfect match of luxury and performance. An extremely quiet, smooth ride that is firm and responsive. Our daily commute includes a mix of interstate and surface street traffic. The Lucerne 3.8 accelerates as quickly as necessary to meet highway speeds, smoothly merge and maintain traffic flow. We live in an area where road construction is a way of life, and the roads change paths more often than the Mississippi River. The Lucerne handles the rough and winding road without a problem. It is responsive, tight and never wanders. The Lucerne is an ideal car for adults who want a refined yet sleek look, and a well appointed luxurious ride.

Quiet ride, responsive and attractive! Sound system, satellite radio, OnStar, climate control, memory seats.

Reposition the column shift lever so it doesn't block the dashboard radio controls not included on the steering wheel. Include a coin holder in the center fold down console.

I love it but
By Ann

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the car. It is probably the best driving and riding Buick I have had. The only problems are the headliner is sagging in the front and the driver’s side door handle pulled out. Took it back to the dealership and have to bring it back when the part for the door handle comes in and an upholsterer will have to work on the headliner. The car has 6000 miles on it.

Very comfortable ride and drives wonderful.

GM needs to do a little better with its inspection. A new car should not have these kind of problems.

Think Twice Before You Buy
By 06lucerne

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Lucerne for almost 10 months and am getting rid of it in the next week. Vibration/shimmy issues that will not stay corrected after at least seven attempts to repair and three sets of tires. Also steering wheel issue that has not been corrected and rotors had to be machined already. At a distance, it is a beautiful car but when yous start looking at the details, they've cut too many corners. Some of the interior materials are of poor quality and some of the design details are downright shoddy. It is not what the Park Avenue was. Make sure you test drive many miles before you buy! If I could do it over, I would have bought a Toyota, Lexus or Acura.

Memory seat. Large trunk. Interior space for passengers

Take the trunk release out of the glove box. Finish the edge on the headliner. Put leather on the sides of the front seats. Improve turning radius. Make adjustment to the dashboard display so that it can be seen in bright sunlight. Update interior accessory options to be in line with competition.

Buick Lucerne CXS is Wonderful
By RDS

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my CXS. I had initially bought a CXL-V6 for a weekend and was not pleased. Once I drove the CXS, I felt that it was a totally different vehicle. The 18-inch wheels, the stabilitrac suspension and the overall ride are wonderful. On the road it is a dream. I have nicknamed it "The Cruiser" which is what my grandchildren call it when they want to ride in it. It is very comfortable and I feel safe when driving it. We live at a time when the #1 thing which people discuss about a vehicle is the gas mileage. I still feel that the #1 issue should be safety. Overall, I love my CXS. It is a wonderful vehicle which I would highly recommend.

Smooth ride on long wheel base, overall look (with 4 "vent holes" on either side and the black grill versus the chrome), 18-inch wheels, overall comfort when "cruising".

Turn radius is large, trunk unlatch button on the driver's side (it is currently in the glove compartment), telescoping steering wheel.