2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Quality American Car
By Al Hass on 10/17/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has the feel and looks of a luxury automobile and the performance of a sports car. The ride is very enjoyable. Buick has the attention of all ages and within a price tag of reality.I was dissapointed that the Park Ave left but after owning this Lucerne my reaction is "Out with the old and in with the new".

Vibration
By sedan on 10/12/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has been in shop 7 times due to vibration in the accelerator, brake pedal, and steering wheel during acceleration. Buick claims that is the way the vehicle is manufactured and refuses to handle the problem. My fifth new Buick! Problem noted on way home from delivery of vehicle. Has 3800 miles currently. Driver's seat is plush, but narrower than my '03 LeSabre.

A lot of car for the money
By A Gator in Georgia on 10/09/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

An extremely smooth ride and very quiet, except for some limited engine noise on initial acceleration. Traded in 4 year old Crown Victoria to get a more comfortable ride for my bad back. The styling outside is quite modern looking, with only the rear end being slightly less attractive. On the first tank of gas with one-half in town and the other half on the highway it delivered 24.5 MPG, which is impressive for a 4,000 pound automobile. Have owned large GM cars since '72 and this one is better than my 1993 Bonneville (300K miles) or my 1998 Park Avenue that were both 3.8 liter V6's.

Think Twice
By Mark on 10/06/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm not happy with this car. Right "A" pillar is too big, creates a really big blind spot. Not enought headroom with sunroof if you are over 6' 2" tall. Car is quiet at low speeds but not so at 70 mph. Turning radius needs to be tighter, makes it hard to be into my side entry garage. I traded in a '98 Buick Regal GS, sorry I did. I loved that car! Passenger seat rattles at 40 mph, and I already had it into the shop because it pulled to the right just driving down the road.

Down a notch from Lincoln
By Weatherboy on 10/03/06 18:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides fine, but is a come down from the Continental. The exterior and interior quality is more light weight and lesser quality. Noticed the thinner metal on the hood when washing car. More likely to ding and dent.

Fuel Gauge incorrect
By RAM on 09/28/06 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am happy with this car. However, the fuel gauge does not give me accurate readings. If I start the car on an unlevel surface the gauge will not give me an accurate reading. Depending on whether the car is on an incline/decline the gauge will give me a higher/lower reading (off by a 1/4 reading) than what is in the tank. According to Buick, this is normal and it may take up to 10 miles of driving for the gauge to correct itself and give me an accurate reading. This makes no sense at all. I am not pleased.

RAM
By Roger on 09/25/06 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My third Buick, previous two were LeSabres. This is by far the best, a smooth quite ride. The 3.8 V6 has plenty of power for me.

A true luxury vehicle
By Mary M- Ft Worth, TX on 09/16/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Abeautiful vehicle. Turns heads everywhere I go. Very comfortable ride, and extremely roomy in front and back seats. I am a GM girl, however, this is my first Buick. So far, so good.

Great CXS
By Perry on 09/13/06 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy my CXS. I decided on the CXS over the 300. It had everything that I wanted and was more reasonably priced. It is definitely a keeper.

Disgusted with this vehicle.
By Eldon Lindsey on 09/11/06 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has a long list of items that do not work as they should. The left side mirror insists on moving to where you cannot use it. The DIC says I get 13.8 MPG, my check says I get 10.2, 10.3, 13.0, 13.1. It locks itself if you do not take the key out. I found a cable hanging loose under the car. The sunroof would not close until I repaired it. I have not been able to get "Mr. Goodwrench' to repair anything on this car. The driver's seat races forward when I unlock the car, before I can get in. And they are more problems with this car, the Lucerne CXS. I currently have a commplaint filed with BBB.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.