2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Satisfied new owner
By happy camper on 12/02/06 04:46 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I found the Edmund reviews helpful in makeing my decision to buy the Buick. I really enjoy the Lucerne. In a town where most cars are high end cars fro Europe or Japan. I find the Lucerne a nice compromise. Price at year end $21000 loaded (half of what the European cars I looked at). 4yr /50000 mile warrtanty. Roomy and financially sound for a family, professional looking for work and stylish enough to not feel like I'm driving a tank. For a large sedan with a V6 I find it handles well on the road and just enough power for the car. My car and others I test drove "all pull to the right" (as I read in other Edmund interviews) They are fixing it... said it had something to do with a tow bar?

Value for money
By Marine on 11/27/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was seeking a luxury sports sedan in the $30,000 range and reviewed and test drove a bunch of them, foreign and domestic, For its price, the Lucerne CXL beats them all, including the highly touted Japanese brands. I had intended to buy the CXL with the V8 for it's high end torque. I had a '96 Olds LSS with GM's tried and true 3.8 liter V6 engine, and my only complaint with it was that it lacked high end torque for passing power, When I drove the CXL with this same engine I was amazed at its pep and passing power, all anyone would ever need, GM has worked wonders with this engine. The car is roomy, has great handling, is comfortable and well appointed inside. Great value for money

My last Buick
By Richard Bowman on 11/25/06 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Unable to read the instrument panel in daylight. Can see it fine at night or in the dark. Can read the odometer, the outside temperature, and the compass just fine in daylight, but not the speedometer.

Blind spots need to be fixed
By Hankdog 1956 on 11/25/06 08:39 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My CXS is a great road car and as I drive about 1000 miles/week, this is important to me. However, it has one major design flaw that should be corrected. The A-pillar is huge, which when combined with a large side-view mirror, creates a very large blind spot when turning. It is a problem when navigating in city traffic for other cars, but particularly for pedestrians and bicycles. Other than that, it's a great car and I recommend it.

Don't Waste Your Money
By nathanj on 11/22/06 13:33 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

She had 4 requirements... 1) Upgraded Stereo, 2) Keyless Entry, 3) Heated Seats, and 4) a Navigation System. The Buick dealership told us that they could not locate any upgraded stereo models, but that the standard stereo was great, unfortunately, it is far from satisfactory. The keyless entry works, however the only way your memory seat will work is to push unlock, even if your car is already unlocked and in your garage. Teh heated seats work well. I'mdisgusted with the Nav system. The only reason we didn't buy the Lexus ES350 was because we were told that OnStar had a new navigation program. They don't tell you it doesnt work if you are not in a Verizon wireless coverage area! Now we are trying to take it back!

Disappointed
By prepress on 11/07/06 00:40 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Initially, serious pull to the right. Finally after 3 stabs the problem was corrected. Sight lines are terrible for backing out of a parking spot. Headrests are right in the middle of the side window. Do not like not having the trunk release available other than key or glove compartment. No trunk net, why not? Do not like system for bright lights, too easily clicked without intention. No cigarette lighter. Gas mileage less than expected on highway. No drop down seat in back. Small pass thru is not adequate.

The Best Vehicle For Long Trips
By lucern on 11/04/06 19:25 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A great ride. Quiet, smooth, and easy handling. Great if you like a roomy interior with soft seats that adjust at a touch of a button

Wonderful
By Suzie on 10/31/06 04:40 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car. We have always had a truck and to have a car to drive this one is the best one I have ever been in. It is fun and we turn heads were ever we go. We have the Sage mist green and Black interior. When people see this car they fall in love with it. It is a beautiful car, it drives and rides like a cloud, and very quiet.

CXL V8
By Tom H on 10/28/06 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for 9 months and put over 10,000 miles on it. Very reliable and comfortable. Nothing more than routine maintenance necessary so far. Plenty of power, great for long trips. Gas mileage could be better, but still good for car this size with V8 engine.

Nice full size car.
By Davidb on 10/24/06 11:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a pleasure in both ride and drive. I had three problems after delivery. Have been working with dealer to correct and have been very satisfied with their response. So far the dealer has replaced three of the Continental tires (unable to Balance). Pull to the right required four wheel alignment. Entire car had what appeared to be overspray

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.