Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Beautiful car
By hugh

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm retired so I can hardly wait to find some place to go so I can drive our Lucerne. We love the ride, handling, power, controls and I guess there isn't anything that we don't like. We live in the mountains of north central PA where we have no city driving and avg 22.5. Went to Baltimore, MD last weekend and driving 70mph for 250mi.I got 26.4mpg

Favorite Features

Looks, power, quietness, comfort, controls. I cannot say enough about this car

Suggested Improvements

None

Excellent car
By cxl v8 4dr sedan

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best Buick I have ever owned. It has a quiet smooth ride, handles well in tight spots, the V8 gives a positive edge to the overall performance of the car. So far very satisfied

Favorite Features

Quiet smooth ride. V8 engine!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, better instrument panel lighting

What a Car!
By Bizman

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really love the looks of the car inside and out. I know that GM has finally started making great cars again that can compete with any make. It is a driving dream and the first trip we received 33 mpg at 60 mph on cruise. Nothing to complain about. I had looked at a Honda Accord and felt I was getting more vehicle for my dollar with the Buick.

Favorite Features

Nice smooth driving and road handling characteristics. The seats feel great even after years of back problems. The Harman Kardon sound system is top notch!

Suggested Improvements

A fuel filler door lock would be great.

Not my dad's Buick!
By 4bealls

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for more than 18 months and enjoy it now as much as when I first bought it. Love the look and the comfort. Out of all the cars I have owned (of all types), I have gotten more compliments on this one than any other - from people admiring the looks as well as passengers.

Favorite Features

Extremely comfortable with great dual-zone AC and stereo; decent gas mileage for the size and power; beautiful car!

Suggested Improvements

Really wanted heated seats but that required moving up to the highest trim line that was just not worth it; split/fold down rear seats would be helpful.

Kinda wish I'd kept my Park Ave Ultra
By Ron S

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car but it is definitely not a Park Ave replacement! So far I've not had any problems but I miss the roominess and some features of the 2003 Park Ave Ultra. I miss the Ultra Heads Up Display feature the most but it appears to be not available in any type of sedan style auto. I swore that I would not buy a new vehicle without HUD but I broke down since it appears that no HUD is forthcoming in the next several years models. Center console convenience of this car leaves a bit to be desired. Door and window posts are a bit too thick and impair visibilty. Also needs more infinite steering wheel adjustment so when in driving position view of speedometer is not obstructed.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior styling, ride, quietness, handling and power. Gas mileage very good for this 4.6 liter Northstar engine.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the Heads Up Display, in fact, make it standard equipment. It is a fantastic safety feature since one never has to take eyes off the road. Widen front seats by at least an inch. Bring back power trunk lid drawdown,locking gas door with inside remote release and adjustable head restraints.