2006 Buick Lucerne CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lucerne Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Sort Reviews by

Satisfied new owner
By happy camper

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I found the Edmund reviews helpful in makeing my decision to buy the Buick. I really enjoy the Lucerne. In a town where most cars are high end cars fro Europe or Japan. I find the Lucerne a nice compromise. Price at year end $21000 loaded (half of what the European cars I looked at). 4yr /50000 mile warrtanty. Roomy and financially sound for a family, professional looking for work and stylish enough to not feel like I'm driving a tank. For a large sedan with a V6 I find it handles well on the road and just enough power for the car. My car and others I test drove "all pull to the right" (as I read in other Edmund interviews) They are fixing it... said it had something to do with a tow bar?

Favorite Features

Warranty 4 yr / 50,0000 miles, Style and price

Suggested Improvements

All cars I tested and the one I purchased "Pulled To The Right" as metioned in other Edmund reviews. Said had something to do with the tow bar. As a utilitarian /family man, I'd like for the back seats to fold down. I'm 6'2", Sunroof touched the top of my hair. I purchased one without sunroof.

Value for money
By Marine

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was seeking a luxury sports sedan in the $30,000 range and reviewed and test drove a bunch of them, foreign and domestic, For its price, the Lucerne CXL beats them all, including the highly touted Japanese brands. I had intended to buy the CXL with the V8 for it's high end torque. I had a '96 Olds LSS with GM's tried and true 3.8 liter V6 engine, and my only complaint with it was that it lacked high end torque for passing power, When I drove the CXL with this same engine I was amazed at its pep and passing power, all anyone would ever need, GM has worked wonders with this engine. The car is roomy, has great handling, is comfortable and well appointed inside. Great value for money

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, audio system. and interior appearance

Suggested Improvements

None

My last Buick
By Richard Bowman

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Unable to read the instrument panel in daylight. Can see it fine at night or in the dark. Can read the odometer, the outside temperature, and the compass just fine in daylight, but not the speedometer.

Favorite Features

Low noise level

Suggested Improvements

Make dash lights availble in daylight

Blind spots need to be fixed
By Hankdog 1956

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My CXS is a great road car and as I drive about 1000 miles/week, this is important to me. However, it has one major design flaw that should be corrected. The A-pillar is huge, which when combined with a large side-view mirror, creates a very large blind spot when turning. It is a problem when navigating in city traffic for other cars, but particularly for pedestrians and bicycles. Other than that, it's a great car and I recommend it.

Favorite Features

Power, seat adjustability

Suggested Improvements

Power pedal adjustments, along with telescoping steering wheel would complete the car's ability to be custom fit for any driver regardless of size and shape.

Don't Waste Your Money
By nathanj

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

She had 4 requirements... 1) Upgraded Stereo, 2) Keyless Entry, 3) Heated Seats, and 4) a Navigation System. The Buick dealership told us that they could not locate any upgraded stereo models, but that the standard stereo was great, unfortunately, it is far from satisfactory. The keyless entry works, however the only way your memory seat will work is to push unlock, even if your car is already unlocked and in your garage. Teh heated seats work well. I'mdisgusted with the Nav system. The only reason we didn't buy the Lexus ES350 was because we were told that OnStar had a new navigation program. They don't tell you it doesnt work if you are not in a Verizon wireless coverage area! Now we are trying to take it back!

Favorite Features

Quiet and roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of power, bad gas mileage. Non-operational OnStar navigation. Cheap interior and build (some of the rubber seals were letting loose the day we brought it home). Lack of standard features that should come on any luxury car, The simple fact that it is a GM!

Disappointed
By prepress

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Initially, serious pull to the right. Finally after 3 stabs the problem was corrected. Sight lines are terrible for backing out of a parking spot. Headrests are right in the middle of the side window. Do not like not having the trunk release available other than key or glove compartment. No trunk net, why not? Do not like system for bright lights, too easily clicked without intention. No cigarette lighter. Gas mileage less than expected on highway. No drop down seat in back. Small pass thru is not adequate.

Favorite Features

Smooth and quiet ride.

The Best Vehicle For Long Trips
By lucern

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A great ride. Quiet, smooth, and easy handling. Great if you like a roomy interior with soft seats that adjust at a touch of a button

Favorite Features

Moving seats. The auto windshield wipers. Great protection in accidents. Easy to drive. Cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

None yet

Wonderful
By Suzie

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car. We have always had a truck and to have a car to drive this one is the best one I have ever been in. It is fun and we turn heads were ever we go. We have the Sage mist green and Black interior. When people see this car they fall in love with it. It is a beautiful car, it drives and rides like a cloud, and very quiet.

CXL V8
By Tom H

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for 9 months and put over 10,000 miles on it. Very reliable and comfortable. Nothing more than routine maintenance necessary so far. Plenty of power, great for long trips. Gas mileage could be better, but still good for car this size with V8 engine.

Favorite Features

XM radio, heated/cooled front seats, and the OnStar hands-free telephone.

Suggested Improvements

Needs higher quality materials on the dashboard and the center armrest. The plastic feels cheap and brittle. Finish on the headliner a little ragged on the edges by the front and rear windows.

Nice full size car.
By Davidb

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a pleasure in both ride and drive. I had three problems after delivery. Have been working with dealer to correct and have been very satisfied with their response. So far the dealer has replaced three of the Continental tires (unable to Balance). Pull to the right required four wheel alignment. Entire car had what appeared to be overspray

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled seats, backup sensor, ride and drive comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Please use a better quality tires. Four wheel alignment necessary because of pulling to the right. Heated and cooled seat controls cannot be seen in daylight. Instrument cluster lighting. Trunk release back on driver door.