Used 2006 Buick Lucerne CXS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Great CXS
By Perry

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy my CXS. I decided on the CXS over the 300. It had everything that I wanted and was more reasonably priced. It is definitely a keeper.

Favorite Features

Great power and handling. Extremely smooth to ride in.

Suggested Improvements

One touch window switch

Disgusted with this vehicle.
By Eldon Lindsey

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has a long list of items that do not work as they should. The left side mirror insists on moving to where you cannot use it. The DIC says I get 13.8 MPG, my check says I get 10.2, 10.3, 13.0, 13.1. It locks itself if you do not take the key out. I found a cable hanging loose under the car. The sunroof would not close until I repaired it. I have not been able to get "Mr. Goodwrench' to repair anything on this car. The driver's seat races forward when I unlock the car, before I can get in. And they are more problems with this car, the Lucerne CXS. I currently have a commplaint filed with BBB.

Favorite Features

The radio has a good sound.

Suggested Improvements

One should never buy this car.

Disgusted with the vehicle
By Eldon Lindsey

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have discovered a multiple of defects in the mechanics of this vehicle. Prominent is the left side mirror moves to unusable positions. Mechanics have refused to repair the defect after bringing it to them about 10 times. Also, the sunroof would not close. I had to repair it. I found a cable loose under the car the second day I owned it. Gas mileage has registered as low as 10.2 MPG, while the DIC says 13.8 consistently. The doors sometimes lock on their own when the vehicle is setting still, unattended. And there are more.

Favorite Features

The radio has a good sound.

Suggested Improvements

Be honest with your customers.

Our Lucerne
By John R

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned Buicks since 1988. Our first 3 were all Buick Rivieras - the last two were the retooled luxury sports sedans of 1995 and 1998 and we loved them. We were most disappointed when Buick shelved the Rivs. However, even though our Lucerne is 4- door, we equate its handling to that of our beloved Riviera. It is fun to drive and it is quiet. And it is sharp looking as well. After only a couple of weeks my wife and I were both saying - we love this car. Thanks Buick. You kept us around by introducing the Lucerne.

Favorite Features

Heated/cooled seats, rear-parking assist, spacious trunk and back seat area, rain sensing wipers. And memory seats - great to have that feature available (I am 6'4" and my wife is 5') so the memory seats save my knees every time.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable pedals would be great. Also, display is a little hard to read when the headlights are not on. Looks sharp, but sometimes difficult to read speedometer. Would love to see the digital displays brought back (particularly speed display).

06 CXS
By Fixation

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Many people are suprised to learn that it is a Buick. Superb ride and confident and poised handling. The elegant appearance, and refined interior make this the best kept secret in the automotive world.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas cap. Trunk remote on dash. Dump the Bridgestones, try Michelins.