2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
My Buick CXS is a Dream Vehicle
By RDS on 05/20/06 22:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I initially drove the XL & purchased a CXL for a weekend. The CXS is a whole different breed of vehicle. The V8 engine & the 18-inch wheels make the drive a lot like the Buicks of old. I love the ride as well as the four pseudo vent holes on the front fenders. The Northstar V8 has excellent acceleration -- I felt that the V6 engine even though very adequate did not have the smooth acceleration of the V8. I know that gas is very costly now but the ride & the power of this vehicle make it wonderful. I feel like a little kid when driving it. I considered a Cadillac STS but this car was $6,000- $7,000 less with the same engine & drive train. I love my CXS very much & highly recommend it.

Great value
By jp on 05/03/06 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like a dream, quiet and comfortable. Luxury car for less money that our past Cadillacs or Lexus.

Awesome!
By Al Peterson on 04/25/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Its a beautiful car, the quality is great, and the fuel economy is better than expected. A real game changer from Buick.

Full of Surprises
By Steve on 04/23/06 08:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Having purchased a new CSX only 2 weeks ago, I have not had time to truly evaluate the vehicle. Many 'available' options were surprising including, automatic tire pressure reading, monthly system check-up courtesy of On-Star, Air conditioned seats which are great for desert dwellers, the automatic start feature which at first seemed extravagent. When it's 118 deg.F, the air conditioning can cool off the car to a nice 100 deg. from 135 deg. inside the cabin,which is VERY nice for a desert dweller. Another surprise was the large battery----not under the hood, but under the back seat! That and the main fuse bank is actually very easy to get to for servicing. Gas mileage is not great 17- 25.

Best car I've ever owned
By cxs on 04/03/06 14:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a 2003 Cadillac DTS and was somewhat apprehensive about buying a Buick. This car is more than equal to the Cadillac in ride, appearance, power, quietness and handling. I have been buying new cars every 2 years for the past 50 years, and this is the best car I have owned. If GM changed the name from Lucerne to Lexus they would not be able to keep up with the demand.

Pleasant Surprise
By Glenn Frohring on 03/28/06 14:00 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a number of Buicks, including Park Avenue Ultras (last car 2000 model). I am very pleased with this car's performance. It is "tight"--a term I would use for agile, steady handling, much like a German car. The Northstar engine is super responsive, and emits a NASCAR like growl under accelleration. Seats are comfortable and it has many great new features such as heated windshield washers. Road noise is well isolated at cruising speed. I believe the only down side to this car will be fuel economy. I have averaged about 19 mpg so far vs. an average of 22.5 with the supercharged Ultra.

Best New Car Ever Purchased
By Randy Reddell on 03/26/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Buick got it together this time with the Lucerne CXS. Great appearance and smooth, quiet ride. The Northstar V-8 is awesome on power and response. Built tight and handles smoothly with the 18-inch tires and stabililty-track system. Interior is elegant in appearance; leather bucket seats are extremely comfortable with every adjustment feature at fingertip or memory. Interior is roomy with plenty of leg room especially in the back seat. This car is in the luxury class. As a previous Cadillac owner, the Lucerne CXS has it all at a great price. Best new car I've seen for 2006. The Lucerne CXS is top choice for new car full-size sedan.

Performance Package at a Value Price
By bill bane on 03/23/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a number of Cadillac STS's and generallly partial to GM products. However, a new STS with the performance trim list was in excess of $60k and the DTS similarly equiped was $50+k. The CXS was priced just under $37k. It has the all the equipment: Northstar, stabilatrack, magnetic ride control, variable raitio steering, 18 inch wheels and more. I enjoy driving this car. It has ample accelelation and corners well for a large car with plenty of room in the back seat as well as the front. The leather seats and wood trim rival both the domestic and foreign competition. I popped for the wood/leather steering wheel and wood shift. I think this car is fun and great value!

No More Cadillacs
By Marty on 02/22/06 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is driven mostly by my wife. Almost every day she comments on how much she enjoys it. This car has every conceivable option you would ever need. Otion out any of its competition and the price difference will amaze you. The interior is spacious; the truck is huge. The Lucerne should be on everyones test drive radar. May be the best GM vehicle we have ever owned.

From Audi to Buick
By Daniel on 02/05/06 18:00 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My first GM car since my Chevrolet Citation in 1981. I was attracted to the Lucerne because it is built over the Cadillac DTS platform. I rented a DeVille a few times wile travelling in California. I was very please with the DeVille. The overall finish is at par with Japanese or German. Let's see if it is as reliable as my father's LeSabre.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.