Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Concerns
By David

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the car is good but there are some concerns. When I drive beyond 50 mph the car starts to fishtail; the steering increases in play and is not as responsive. The car lacks basic performance and sounds like the transmission struggles when accelerating. The car is very comfortable and smooth but this should not be at the expense of basic performance.

My Lucerene
By rod

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Buick Lucerne is the best Buick I have ever owned. The gas mileage is everything GM said it would be, (even better, 21 city and 34+ highway.) Quality, oh yeah! Performance is really good, seating could use a little more support. I have had no trouble with options. I just can't say enough about ride quality, handling, and performance. It is more comfortable than any Benz, Ford, Mercury,or Chrysler that I have looked at in this price range. Thanks GM, you have a real winner in the Lucerne.

Favorite Features

Quality built, quietness, performance, comfort, color, reliability, cruise ability, (600+ miles per tank, ) every time, on 87 octane.

Suggested Improvements

A little better lateral support on standard cloth seats. Get rid of those Bridgestone tires.

Great Car but...
By Rob1958

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 10 months. Mostly highway driving. I love the ride of the vehicle and have no complaints about the gas mileage that this V8 gets (22+mph). My complaint is about the oxygen sensor. My check engine light has been a problem since 5,000 miles and it all revolves around the oxygen sensors. I have had the car in for service on 8 times and all but one was for the oxygen sensor. When I took the car in for the PA Annual Vehicle Inspection, Penske Buick had the car for over one week and finally got it to pass inspection after replacing the oxygen sensor and part of my exhaust system. Thank God for the warranty! Buick has a winner here. Just need to correct this problem.

Favorite Features

Ride, roominess, gas mileage, regular gas, powerful V8 engine, looks (gets many compliments from people that are surprised that it is a Buick), XM radio, OnStar, quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

Oxygen sensor, tire wear

Disappointed and disgusted
By Linda Whitley

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 2 years now. The car only had 7000 miles on it when the first oil leak was discovered. I have had it in the shop 3 times for the oil leaks, 5 times for fuel sensor, 1 time for traction sensor, once for the rack and pinion. It is in the shop now for the same noise it was make when they replaced the rack & pinion but they said it is not the same problem, but can't find what it wrong.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, easy driving

Suggested Improvements

Build a more reliable car

Better than my Cadillac
By LCB

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2004 DeVille on my 2006 CXS. Much better car, excellent build quality, superior handling and acceleration (over the Cad.) and decent gas mileage for the engine size. I average 21-22 combined city and highway. Color is maroon metallic and I have received many compliments on the car'sappearance. A Mercedes owner thought it was a new model BMW!

Favorite Features

Superb handling, well designed interior and dash layout, simple controls to operate.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a 5 or 6 speed transmission, smaller turning radius, better gas mileage, re-designed A pillars, which block visibility somewhat.