2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Not Stunning
By sequoyah101 on 06/27/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife insisted on a V8 to replace the Park Avenue so we got this one after looking at an Avalon, 535 and 350GS and a CTS. If this car had a 6 speed transmission and the engine wouldn't rev so high at cruise (feel like I have to keep my foot in it) and it could get much better mileage (never been better than abt 24 to 25 and abt 20 in mixed driving) it would be great but it doesn't and it isn't but it is OK. This should be a 30 mpg car like the old PA. Buick just went too far with the acceleration "performance" tuning of this car to no good end. Like the styling, interior is nice without being fussy though the seats hit me wrong for some reason it is still comfortable enough.

Great Car-Cosmetic Problems
By Ken on 06/06/09 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car, comfort and style is very good. Gas mileage is really good, over 30 miles per gallon on last trip from Portland Or. to Idaho Falls Id. My problem has been cosmetic,all outside chrome strips on windows have been replaced twice due to rust spots. Since i have just over 50,000 miles now I'm worried about the next time it happens. The finish is also rapidly coming off the wheels leaving black splotches. The dealer refuses to do anything about it except make note of the problem. They blame it on the current problems GM is having for not taking any positive action on it. As I stated 'Great Car', very dissapointed in the cosmetic problems.

Great Car - Problem Fixed
By Rob1958 on 04/22/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Reading my previous review, you will see the problem with the oxygen sensor. After two more visits regarding the same problem, the GM advisor recommended that the Dealership check the wires. magic, one of the wires had a short in it which was affecting the oxygen sensor. Problem has been repaired and the car is just humming along. I would still recommend this vehicle even with my problem since that was not a design flaw but instead a supplier issue with the wiring.

Would buy another one
By Cobble on 03/25/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

There have been two annoyances: 1. Readablility of instruments in bright sun is very poor. 2. When very hot; i.e.sitting on hot macadam for hours and/or driven hard, the steering has a tiny "thunk" feel on occasion when making a turn. It's been traced to a universal joint in the steering linkage. Dealer got 95 percent of it out, but a slight amount remains. I suspect it might be a design flaw. Had Lexus LS-400 before. Buick is as good and in many ways better. Recently drove 09 Lexus ES-350. Prefer Buick. Smooth, silky traveler; head-snapping acceleration; quieter than new Lexus; 19.7 mpg around town; very little roll on twisties (not a sporty car, though); 4-spd is slick.

Buick Lucerne
By robtgd52 on 12/16/08 09:52 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent car. Why would anyone buy an export car when we can buy this car. I've had many cars in the past and this is by far the best I've ever owned. This is the car GM should of built years ago, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in.

Concerns
By David on 11/09/08 22:19 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the car is good but there are some concerns. When I drive beyond 50 mph the car starts to fishtail; the steering increases in play and is not as responsive. The car lacks basic performance and sounds like the transmission struggles when accelerating. The car is very comfortable and smooth but this should not be at the expense of basic performance.

My Lucerene
By rod on 07/06/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Buick Lucerne is the best Buick I have ever owned. The gas mileage is everything GM said it would be, (even better, 21 city and 34+ highway.) Quality, oh yeah! Performance is really good, seating could use a little more support. I have had no trouble with options. I just can't say enough about ride quality, handling, and performance. It is more comfortable than any Benz, Ford, Mercury,or Chrysler that I have looked at in this price range. Thanks GM, you have a real winner in the Lucerne.

Great Car but...
By Rob1958 on 06/18/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 10 months. Mostly highway driving. I love the ride of the vehicle and have no complaints about the gas mileage that this V8 gets (22+mph). My complaint is about the oxygen sensor. My check engine light has been a problem since 5,000 miles and it all revolves around the oxygen sensors. I have had the car in for service on 8 times and all but one was for the oxygen sensor. When I took the car in for the PA Annual Vehicle Inspection, Penske Buick had the car for over one week and finally got it to pass inspection after replacing the oxygen sensor and part of my exhaust system. Thank God for the warranty! Buick has a winner here. Just need to correct this problem.

Disappointed and disgusted
By Linda Whitley on 06/16/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 2 years now. The car only had 7000 miles on it when the first oil leak was discovered. I have had it in the shop 3 times for the oil leaks, 5 times for fuel sensor, 1 time for traction sensor, once for the rack and pinion. It is in the shop now for the same noise it was make when they replaced the rack & pinion but they said it is not the same problem, but can't find what it wrong.

Better than my Cadillac
By LCB on 04/30/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2004 DeVille on my 2006 CXS. Much better car, excellent build quality, superior handling and acceleration (over the Cad.) and decent gas mileage for the engine size. I average 21-22 combined city and highway. Color is maroon metallic and I have received many compliments on the car'sappearance. A Mercedes owner thought it was a new model BMW!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.