Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Best Car I've owned!
By James Peffall

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is beautiful, quiet, very comfortable,fun to drive with an outstanding sound system and fantasic features including OnStar, rear back up 'radar' and heated seats. We really love this car and it is far quieter than the Avalon we test drove which required premium fuel (the Lucerne takes 87 octane).

Favorite Features

OnStar, heated/cooled seats, sound system, back-up radar, comfortable seats, electronic information & display, programmed seat positions.

Suggested Improvements

None are significant but a locking door for the gas cap would be a plus.

Lucerne rating
By John Gavin

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this for only a few weeks but the more I drive it the better I like it. However, there are two negative points that I have found, one is gas mileage is not as good as my 2001 LeSabre and the other is that visibility to the rear is not good in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Ride & quietness

Suggested Improvements

Rear vision needs improving and interior finish could be better.

What an American Car should be
By Shewstring

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned the car for a little more than two weeks. All I can say is what a refined ride. Before purchasing this car, I drove a 2007 Toyota Camary and a 2006 Dodge Charger. The Lucerne's looks, smooth power delivery, refined ride, and silent running sold me. I have two young girls who now think "Daddy drives a cool car". People walk up and say is that a new BMW or Lexus, they are baffled when I say Buick. I was pleasantly surprised with a recent 150 mile highway trip, I averaged 26.6MPG @70MPH. Nice job GM.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride. Smooth V8 power delivery

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat DVD - headrests

Needs tighter turning radius
By Noel

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had car for 3 months. Just got out of shop to repair major coolant leak. Dealer very nice, loaned us another Lucerne. Car is extremely quiet, peppy and smooth and overall comfort is good. On down side, is very hard to park due to excessive turning radius, poor visibility due to wide pillars at windshield. Gas mileage not as good as on my old 97 Lesabre with 3.8 Engine. Doesn't seem as stable at high speed as old LeSabre was.

Favorite Features

Available six passenger seating. Rear A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Improve turning radius!

First Buick a Keeper
By Rich

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven the Lucerne CTS for two months, and so far I'm very satisfied. It is a very comfortable, easy handling car, great on the road and very quiet in all traffic. It has great features, including the park assist, remote start and an outstanding sound system. The controls are straightforward, even those on the wheel and column. The V8 delivers the power; it drives with a robust if not sporty feel. On the downside, the backseats don't fold down, and the little pass-through port is fairly useless. The 18" chrome wheels look great but make for a pretty wide turning radius. This is my first GM vehicle, and so far it feels like a keeper.

Favorite Features

Harmon Kardon sound system; park assist; OnStar

Suggested Improvements

Give folks a cargo net for the trunk, for heavens sakes; turning radius is wide, at least with the 18 inch wheels; dashboard instruments are fine at night but a bit hard to read during the day.