2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
AWESOME!!!
By goodcarl on 01/28/06 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered my car on Nov. 25 and picked it up on Jan. 25. This is the first time that I have ever owned an American brand new car. It was Infiniti 35M or Lucerne. Options on Lucerne not on Infiniti. The acceleration is smooth and quick. You hardly feel the gears shifting. At 70 MPH on the hwy, with the windows closed, the car is so quiet that the only noise you hear is the faint hum of the engine. It's a little eerie. Enough room in the back for a football game. I got two remotes, 1 for memory setting 1 and 1 for memory setting 2. I was using rmt 2 but setting 1 in car. Hitting mem 1 didn't work too well until the dealer figured it out. OnStar features are exceptional, esp. the phone.

Buick: Depenable & Luxurious
By Robert on 01/27/06 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has to be one of the best automobiles GM has ever built. I just picked it up a couple days ago, and I love it. I have owned a few GM vehicles in the past, and all I can say is GREAT job. The car rides smooth, drives smooth, and GM was not kidding when they said this car is QUIET. I feel safe in this car being a large sedan, but you feel like you are driving a midsize sport sedan. The craftsmanship of the car is "Beyond Precision." Gas mileage is 27-28. This is one car that GM should not have to use rebates to sell, especially when the car is competitively priced. The car won me over, and I said I would never drive a "grandpa car." Thinking of a Toyota, think again and try a Buick!!!

Buy American
By Buick owner on 01/19/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a thrust towards a more modern and up to date fun car to drive. I drove it to south Florida and it drives great. It doesn't have a lot of unecessary componenets to drive up the cost, and has all that is needed in a quality car. It is comfortable, responsive, large truck, and is fun to drive. It has OnStar,which no other car has other then GM cars. To me, OnStar is a must, especially for any senior driver. Everybody who has riden in the car with me has complimented it.

A good choice for a large sedan
By Bob on 01/18/06 18:23 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is comfortable and very quiet. It is a real performer on winding roads and on the highway. I have never driven a front wheel drive with practically so little over steer on sharp turns. GM engineers got this one right. Found it more confortable than the Avalone and Azera, maybe due to the longer wheelbase. Were I to do it again, I would have bought the V8. The gas milage on the V6 is not that much different, and you need a little more "spunk" for such a heavy car.

A winner by any measure.
By Aheadofmytime on 01/16/06 10:59 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've spent the last 3 years mostly in a Camry and was generally pleased except that the Camry is hard to get in and out of and, frankly, is just not that comfortable. I was looking to buy an Avalon which is a better car than the Camry but decided to first test drive the Lucerne CXL. I bought the Lucerne the same day. Honestly, I don't know how they can make it so good and sell it so cheap. I would recommend anyone in the market for a new car to check this car out. I am extremely satisfied.

Excellent
By R. B. on 01/14/06 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent performance; Very smooth ride; comfortable inside; looks great; fun to drive. But when my battery went dead after only 2 days, I could not open the trunk to get at my jumper cables. Trunk lid cannot be opened without battery power. Design flaw. Reason for recall?

2006 Great Choice
By Dan on 01/14/06 11:21 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I test drove several luxury brands including Lexus, Infinity, Mercedes, Cadillac and Lincoln. I stopped by the Buick dealer on a whim, and am so glad I did! It was ultimately between the Cadillac STS and the Lucerne GXS. The Lucerne by far was the superior automobile, in style, comfort, and drive. The Northstar V* is a real plus!

An Amazing Luxury Car!
By Dave on 01/13/06 17:43 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car was well worth my 6-month wait as it has already exceeded my high expectations. The comfort, styling, performance it provides rivals that of much more expensive luxury cars such as Mercedes Benz, BMW, Infinity, Cadillac and the like. It is also fun to learn how to use all of the options and realize how sophisticated the electronics are in choosing how you want to operate the car. I'm also very pleased with the OnStar service as it is very easy to use.

One Sweet Ride
By john allen newman on 01/12/06 02:06 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased the vehicle this month and can only say that it is one fantastic automobile. The ride is so quiet, you almost don't realize the engine is running at idle. And for those who think that there are some luxury appointments missing, no way. This car is luxury all the way, from the rich leather/wood grained interior, air/heated seats, to the remote starter; yes that's right, remote starter. From 180 feet, you can fire up the engine and have the interior waiting for your arrival at your specifications. The trunk is huge and the 18" nickel chrome plated wheels make one phat ride. If you want performance and luxury,and spend more than this, you need therapy.

No More Round
By Carl Losapio on 01/11/06 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Best car for the price considering options and quality. Glad to see Buick finally getting away from the Le Sabre look they've had for the past 15 years. The car is tight and handles well in traffic and is smooth on the highway. Visability is excellent and plenty of headroom for my 6'4 frame. I only wish they wouldn't charge me an extra $1000 for my one year of free OnStar. I know it's in the base price somewhere.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.