2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
This is not your Pop's Buick
By David on 03/03/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Finally, the American market can rejoice over an American designed and built car. The styling, performance and attention to detail is superb. I have had numerous very positive comments from friends and people checking out the car. People have slowed down next to me just to look at the car. Thanks GM.

Happy Owner
By Willie on 02/24/06 16:51 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I only looked at the Buick Lucerne & the Hyundai Azera,the Azera offered much more value and a better warranty and many extra features.Both cars could use more trunk space..The Azera is a stiffer ride which is fine,the Buick is a softer ride..Neither offer a automatic release of the emergency brake like the Ford does..The black trim on the Azera is a flat finish and will require a coating to keep it from turning whiteish and fading..The reason I went with the Lucerne is that it is a larger car and a American company..The Azera comes from Korea..I must say if I could afford it I would buy the Azera for the wife who now owns a Regal which has been very good..Both cars are impressive,

No More Cadillacs
By Marty on 02/22/06 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is driven mostly by my wife. Almost every day she comments on how much she enjoys it. This car has every conceivable option you would ever need. Otion out any of its competition and the price difference will amaze you. The interior is spacious; the truck is huge. The Lucerne should be on everyones test drive radar. May be the best GM vehicle we have ever owned.

By Al Yates on 02/20/06 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my new Lucerne in January and went on vacation and I thought the performance was great. The ride and quiteness were very good. I have owned Buick's since 1997 and I believe this is the best,judging on the first 2800 miles. I think anyone should be happy with this car. The highway gas mileage was 28 as rated. I encourage anyone to try this full size car.

Lucerne
By michael on 02/19/06 15:16 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wow! I have hit the jackpot!! After almost three months, I still get as excited about driving this vehicle as I did the day I bought it. Buick really deserves credit for getting this one right!

2006 Lucerne is great!
By mehtahim on 02/16/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Like the sleek styling and comfort. It's roomy with room for 6 passengers if needed. Clean practical IP.

Excellent Family Sedan
By RC702 on 02/12/06 15:58 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sedan, especially a family sedan. It has plenty of power with the V6, the interior is top- notch, and the rear seat room is excellent. Overall, the Lucerne is an excellent value AND a great car. This Buick is far superior to any other GM vehicle I have ever owned.

From Audi to Buick
By Daniel on 02/05/06 18:00 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My first GM car since my Chevrolet Citation in 1981. I was attracted to the Lucerne because it is built over the Cadillac DTS platform. I rented a DeVille a few times wile travelling in California. I was very please with the DeVille. The overall finish is at par with Japanese or German. Let's see if it is as reliable as my father's LeSabre.

Who needs Lexus
By rolf westgard on 02/02/06 16:13 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned LeSabres since '99. Liked comfort, good mpg, and reliability. Handling and styling were average. The Lucerne keeps the good features of LeSabre and is much improved for styling and handling. Also quietest car I have ever ridden in. Getting about 25 mpg in local driving like LeSabre. Hwy should be the 30 mpg I got from LeSabre.

Way to go, Buick
By Oldguy on 02/02/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We took delivery on Dec 15 and have driven 2000 miles since. We drove an Avalon and the Lucerne is way ahead in styling and equal or above in comfort. The rear assist for parking is very handy and being able to turn the heat on the back of the seat is very comfortable for a bad back. Everything is positive except for two minor details. The trunk release is very inconvenient to access in the glove box,and the placement of the compass needs to be back on the rear view mirror. Other than that I'd rate it a 10.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.