Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Lucerne is a jewel
By jsieks

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 6 months and a 3000 mile road trip to the midwest, I am still beaming about my Lucerne. Its design, a departure from older Buicks, is forward looking. The chrome portals (four of them) on each side not only designate the car as a Buick but puts a nifty look to the car. The power of the 8 cylinders in the CXL is very satisfying, allowing for safer changes of lanes on the highway and an occasional "gotcha" to all those red sports cars out there. The average MPG on the highway turns out to be about 24, not too bad for so much power and a 4000 pound vehicle. And, it is proof that an American vehicle is better than Asian cars

Chrome Louvres on side of car. Vanguard design vis a vis older Buicks. Power of 8 cylinders

Find someway to minimize the size of all the air bag storage. They get in the way. For the money, this car has quite a bit already.

So far, excellent
By Geonar

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had to have wheel alignment and tires changed before delivery, because of right pulling, and tires where out of round. After this correction, car ran good. False air bag alarm while starting engine, fault cleared after several starts, no record of problem in black box.

Remote start, air conditioned seats, and excellent interior and exterior trim, plus the special paint.

Turn signal indicators in exterior rear view mirrors, and "Headsup display, like Pontiac," so you can view speed and other monitoring requirements while looking through the windshield.

Best Ever
By Don

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 73 year old male and so have had some experience behind the wheel. This is by far the best car I have owned. The ride is smooth and quiet and the quality and fit of the interior materials is better than I expected. There are better rated cars on the road but considering the price range and target market for this vechile, it would be hard to beat. This is my third car with the GM 3.8 liter V6 and it has plenty of power at the low end where you need it. I drive freeways 5 days a week and have no trouble merging and cruising along with the traffic flow.

Quiet and smooth ride. Music quality of the CD changer. The convenience and peace of mind of OnStar.

Option to up grade cloth seats for those of us who don't want leather.

Our Lucerne
By John R

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned Buicks since 1988. Our first 3 were all Buick Rivieras - the last two were the retooled luxury sports sedans of 1995 and 1998 and we loved them. We were most disappointed when Buick shelved the Rivs. However, even though our Lucerne is 4- door, we equate its handling to that of our beloved Riviera. It is fun to drive and it is quiet. And it is sharp looking as well. After only a couple of weeks my wife and I were both saying - we love this car. Thanks Buick. You kept us around by introducing the Lucerne.

Heated/cooled seats, rear-parking assist, spacious trunk and back seat area, rain sensing wipers. And memory seats - great to have that feature available (I am 6'4" and my wife is 5') so the memory seats save my knees every time.

Adjustable pedals would be great. Also, display is a little hard to read when the headlights are not on. Looks sharp, but sometimes difficult to read speedometer. Would love to see the digital displays brought back (particularly speed display).

06 CXS
By Fixation

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Many people are suprised to learn that it is a Buick. Superb ride and confident and poised handling. The elegant appearance, and refined interior make this the best kept secret in the automotive world.

Ride, handling

Locking gas cap. Trunk remote on dash. Dump the Bridgestones, try Michelins.