2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
GM comes through!
By Bobnym2 on 03/27/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

GM, in its best days, built full size sedans with a large engine and automatic better than anyone. They seem to be back on track. This car was delivered in flawless condition and does the job it is meant to do: move five or six people very comfortably. The car is quicker than most sports cars at any RPM. It is as quiet as any car. The ride is smooth without floating. On the downside, the variable power steering is too light at most speeds. It is large, but handles mountain roads better than the vast majority of cars. Gas mileage is OK, considering its size. Buy it if you want a practical, quick and comfortable car for a relatively bargain price.

Best New Car Ever Purchased
By Randy Reddell on 03/26/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Buick got it together this time with the Lucerne CXS. Great appearance and smooth, quiet ride. The Northstar V-8 is awesome on power and response. Built tight and handles smoothly with the 18-inch tires and stabililty-track system. Interior is elegant in appearance; leather bucket seats are extremely comfortable with every adjustment feature at fingertip or memory. Interior is roomy with plenty of leg room especially in the back seat. This car is in the luxury class. As a previous Cadillac owner, the Lucerne CXS has it all at a great price. Best new car I've seen for 2006. The Lucerne CXS is top choice for new car full-size sedan.

Well Done, Buick
By Joe on 03/23/06 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It is about time! I am really pleased with the Lucerne. With plenty of interior room and very attractive styling, what a wonderful leap from the old, stodgy designs in Buick's recent past. I'm really impressed with how quiet the car is and love the many standard features, including the automatic volume adjustment made in the radio at higher speeds to compensate for road and air noise. I like to move my seat way back and allow my legs to be almost straight in reaching the pedals and this one has all the space I need. Rides very smooth. I purchased several neat options including the remote start and heated and cooled seats, which adds to the wow factor.

Performance Package at a Value Price
By bill bane on 03/23/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a number of Cadillac STS's and generallly partial to GM products. However, a new STS with the performance trim list was in excess of $60k and the DTS similarly equiped was $50+k. The CXS was priced just under $37k. It has the all the equipment: Northstar, stabilatrack, magnetic ride control, variable raitio steering, 18 inch wheels and more. I enjoy driving this car. It has ample accelelation and corners well for a large car with plenty of room in the back seat as well as the front. The leather seats and wood trim rival both the domestic and foreign competition. I popped for the wood/leather steering wheel and wood shift. I think this car is fun and great value!

A great new car
By Linda on 03/22/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has all of the necessary features that are required in today's luxury cars. The OnStar is a great extra safety feature when traveling a long distance from home.

Impressive
By Ally on 03/22/06 11:02 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most impresive vehicle I have owned in my life. Well built, quiet, fun to drive, reliable, sporty, and not to mention great to look at!

Lucerne 2006 CXL
By Jim on 03/20/06 10:03 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The initial drive was very good. However, several problems occured immediately. First the catalytic converter failed and was replaced at 1200 miles under warranty. Second the engine is giving off noises during acceleration at 2200 miles. The front seats creak during starts and stops after 2000 miles. Initially it seems a great car, however I am not so sure anymore.

Best car built for under $40,000
By dave on 03/19/06 10:17 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This drives like a much more expensive car. It is totally unlike my 2000 Lesabre, which I really liked. Great take-off great handling and pretty good mpg when I keep it under 70, which is pretty hard. One of the quietest cars I have been in.I extended the 4 year warranty to 6 years because I can't see ever wanting to get rid of this car.

My New Lucerne
By Doc on 03/12/06 11:13 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to handle and a pleasure to drive. The Harmon-Kardon radio with XM is fantastic

Next Generation Buick
By RON MOSLEY on 03/08/06 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven Cadillacs, Park Avenues, Grand Prix's, Lincoln's and others. This is the best of the best. All I have to do is get in and steer, it pretty much does everything else. It sets my seat, turns to my favority radio channel, turns on the lights when needed, turns on the wipers when needed, the radio automatically increases the volumn as your highway speed increases to adjust for any slight increase in noise level due to engine speed etc. What more do I need. The v-8 engine is amazing, far surperior to the v-6. I may not get 28 mpg's, but 25 mpg's with this better preformance is worth it. For those who want a luxury car without the luxury price, look at the BUICK LUCERNE.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.