Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Disgusted with this vehicle.
By Eldon Lindsey

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has a long list of items that do not work as they should. The left side mirror insists on moving to where you cannot use it. The DIC says I get 13.8 MPG, my check says I get 10.2, 10.3, 13.0, 13.1. It locks itself if you do not take the key out. I found a cable hanging loose under the car. The sunroof would not close until I repaired it. I have not been able to get "Mr. Goodwrench' to repair anything on this car. The driver's seat races forward when I unlock the car, before I can get in. And they are more problems with this car, the Lucerne CXS. I currently have a commplaint filed with BBB.

The radio has a good sound.

One should never buy this car.

Good Value
By jollyviking30

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The setting of, and operation of the controls is very confusing. Damn car wants to take over ( ie windshield wipers, lights etc)Brakes are very weak, and I know the pads are going to have to be changed yearly. Mileage is not very good, and no gas station attendant has figured out how to open the gas cap .I love the color and shape of this car. Overall I liked my 1997 Bonnevile better.

Six CD player

Better brakes. Offer some dark interior colors on lower end cars.

Buick Lucerne
By not old

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

On a recent 2200 mi trip I really enjoyed my drive. I drove the entire trip by myself. I did find that the seats were comfortable and the heated seat helped with fatigue even in July. Avg about 29 mpg at 75 - 80 mph. There was a problem with the AC dripping condensation on my left foot.

Sunroof

Better paint jobs. Front window post a little narrow so that you don't have such a large blind spot

Fond of first American car in years
By JAY CIPES

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We find it a very quiet, responsive, comfortable car. No regrets. Just the gas mileage.

Warning backup. Pick up and comfort

Leather should not be missing on trim. At this price the seats should be fully leather

Stylish enough for the younger crowd
By Ray

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever been in. I am so happy to own this car. The 0% does not hurt either. So quiet. I don't have the worry that I would have if I had bought the Huyndai Azera. Toyota fell off with the 2007 Camry and Avalon. Now that I own a Lucerne, I don't want any any of the others. When driving the other cars I still wanted a Lucerne. And I'm only 31 yrs old.

Rear park assist. I love all the features. Auto start is sweet.

Delete the 16'' rims and make the 17'' standard.