Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Satisfied new owner
By happy camper

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I found the Edmund reviews helpful in makeing my decision to buy the Buick. I really enjoy the Lucerne. In a town where most cars are high end cars fro Europe or Japan. I find the Lucerne a nice compromise. Price at year end $21000 loaded (half of what the European cars I looked at). 4yr /50000 mile warrtanty. Roomy and financially sound for a family, professional looking for work and stylish enough to not feel like I'm driving a tank. For a large sedan with a V6 I find it handles well on the road and just enough power for the car. My car and others I test drove "all pull to the right" (as I read in other Edmund interviews) They are fixing it... said it had something to do with a tow bar?

Warranty 4 yr / 50,0000 miles, Style and price

All cars I tested and the one I purchased "Pulled To The Right" as metioned in other Edmund reviews. Said had something to do with the tow bar. As a utilitarian /family man, I'd like for the back seats to fold down. I'm 6'2", Sunroof touched the top of my hair. I purchased one without sunroof.

Value for money
By Marine

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was seeking a luxury sports sedan in the $30,000 range and reviewed and test drove a bunch of them, foreign and domestic, For its price, the Lucerne CXL beats them all, including the highly touted Japanese brands. I had intended to buy the CXL with the V8 for it's high end torque. I had a '96 Olds LSS with GM's tried and true 3.8 liter V6 engine, and my only complaint with it was that it lacked high end torque for passing power, When I drove the CXL with this same engine I was amazed at its pep and passing power, all anyone would ever need, GM has worked wonders with this engine. The car is roomy, has great handling, is comfortable and well appointed inside. Great value for money

Power, handling, comfort, audio system. and interior appearance

None

My last Buick
By Richard Bowman

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Unable to read the instrument panel in daylight. Can see it fine at night or in the dark. Can read the odometer, the outside temperature, and the compass just fine in daylight, but not the speedometer.

Low noise level

Make dash lights availble in daylight

Blind spots need to be fixed
By Hankdog 1956

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My CXS is a great road car and as I drive about 1000 miles/week, this is important to me. However, it has one major design flaw that should be corrected. The A-pillar is huge, which when combined with a large side-view mirror, creates a very large blind spot when turning. It is a problem when navigating in city traffic for other cars, but particularly for pedestrians and bicycles. Other than that, it's a great car and I recommend it.

Power, seat adjustability

Power pedal adjustments, along with telescoping steering wheel would complete the car's ability to be custom fit for any driver regardless of size and shape.

Don't Waste Your Money
By nathanj

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

She had 4 requirements... 1) Upgraded Stereo, 2) Keyless Entry, 3) Heated Seats, and 4) a Navigation System. The Buick dealership told us that they could not locate any upgraded stereo models, but that the standard stereo was great, unfortunately, it is far from satisfactory. The keyless entry works, however the only way your memory seat will work is to push unlock, even if your car is already unlocked and in your garage. Teh heated seats work well. I'mdisgusted with the Nav system. The only reason we didn't buy the Lexus ES350 was because we were told that OnStar had a new navigation program. They don't tell you it doesnt work if you are not in a Verizon wireless coverage area! Now we are trying to take it back!

Quiet and roomy.

Lack of power, bad gas mileage. Non-operational OnStar navigation. Cheap interior and build (some of the rubber seals were letting loose the day we brought it home). Lack of standard features that should come on any luxury car, The simple fact that it is a GM!