2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
This is one serious sedan!
By seargentslate on 07/04/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I drove so many cars in search of the perfect sedan that had all of the features I was looking for. I wanted something very comfortable with lots of room and little road noise. This car rides so smooth and quiet, there are times when you do not know if the engine is running and you have to press the accelerator to see if it is! My CXL is loaded with Nav, Remote start, air conditioned seets and the awesome sharkskin paint. GM has really outdone itself and they still can build great cars. Buick's 4yr warranty is proof of their confidance. You have to drive this car. Forget Honda and Toyota. This is a serious sedan and at zero percent interest, you cannot lose!

Driving pleasure
By charles on 07/03/06 22:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very quiet comfortable automobile. I enjoy driving this car as it has good power and handles very well. Avg. weekly driving I get twenty miles per gal. and expect this to rise as the car gets more mileage on it.

2006 Lucerne
By Stan Bowers on 06/27/06 16:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned (3) Park Avenues in the past 12 years. Looked with anticipation to the Lucerne. Found a vibration throughout that has not been fixed even though wheels were balanced twice. No trunk key entry. Gas filler flap opens when touched. Great for those disposed in siphoning out your gas. Because of recessed instrument panel dials, can not see them in the daylight. Steering is much too stiff. The ride is "harsh" and the noise level is no better than my Camary, or Miata Rides like a pick up truck. Engineers have gone to great lengths to ruin the traditional great ride associated with Buick. Very disappointed in this car and would like to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Great Ride
By Happy Virginian on 06/27/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Smart ride right out the door! Fit, finish and ride are better than Avalon.Interior noise abatement is fantastic, sound system on the mark and dash controls are all easy to use. Glad I waited for Lucerne vs Avalon or Lacrosse.

Best of Show
By P.Spector on 06/27/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had Buicks for about 12 yrs and this is by far the best one I have had, It is everything that is advertised. It is quiet, easy to drive and I feel great at its wheel.

Upgrade from 2002 LaSabre
By Rod on 06/26/06 16:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In comparison to our previous 2002 V6 LaSabre: Lives up to quiet interior claims for engine, air stream and tire noise at least up to 75 mph. Turning diameter is annoyingly greater. Comfortable cruising at 75 vs 70 mph with LaSabre. Not tiring to drive long distances except for no lumbar support. Entering freeway or passing acceleration was uncomfortable - requires more throttle or even downshift. Average mileage on 4600 mile vacation trip including 3 city stays was 28.5 mpg; only 3.3 % less than similar trip made last year with the LaSabre. Love the exterior design even though I now notice similar features on several older foreign makes.

Very pleased, great car
By Dog gone it on 06/21/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a classy car with comfort and style. Loads of trunk space, rear leg room and glass. Big turning radius and some blind spots in side and rear. Steering wheel controls need wrap around protector to keep from accidentaly touching when griping the wheel. A bit difficult to exit as bucket seat seems deep and high. I still rate it a 10. On-star is great and already has been put to good use. On 840 mile expressway trip it delivered 29 MPG at mostly 70 mph but including small amount of city streets. In city/express mostly about 24 MPG. I'm satisfied with mileage. Six cylinder is enough power but if you want added zip there is the V8.

Great car
By June on 06/17/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I turned in my leased Town Car and opted for a change after 10 years of driving Lincolns. The Lucerne has surprised me with its comfort and performance. It really competes well with the Town Car. I took all the options except the sunroof, and opted for the bucket seats in front. The V8 will get up and go on demand! Handles really well. It is a fun car to drive and gets a look over everywhere I go. I took it to Goodyear for its first oil change and it created quite an interest in employees and customers alike.

The Best Buick Ever
By Steve Engel on 06/15/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I picked up my new 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL at the dealership on June 9th and drove it immediately from Daytona Beach to Boynton Beach, FL, a distance of 210 miles. The car was so smooth and quiet. Up to today I believed the foreign made Lexus had the smoothest and quiestest ride but that title now belongs to the Buick Lucerne CXL. We've had Park Avenues in the past but this new Lucerne is a much nicer car than the Park Avenue. Being a native Detroiter, I was glad to see Buick bring back the portholes. This vehicle is every bit as good as a Cadillac DTS and at a much less price. We liked the car so well, that we bought TWO 2006 Lucerne CXL's the same day.

Perfection
By Bobbie on 06/14/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nicest car I have ever owned. Quiet & smooth. Lots of things to learn & program. Safety features were important to me & the Lucerne has them all. Feel safe & secure in that car. Love the way it handles. I look for places to go so I can drive it every day. Took it on a 7 hour trip. The Rain- sense Wipers were extremely efficient. Having all the controls---Radio--- Cruise on the steering wheel. Great Idea. Beautiful, Rich looking interior. Hope to have this car aroound for a long time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.