Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Lexus Who?
By 27 year old Fan

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I spent a week in the Lucerne over the holidays. Two words: First-Class. The vehicle is large, but drives and feels like my mid-sized car. Smooth power all the way and car is so quiet that people on cellphone didn't realize I was calling from the car! The seats are so comfortable and supportive they feel like my overstuffed chair at home. Fit- and-Finish are superb. I stopped at a gas station and two total strangers commented to me on the looks of the car (both were over 40 however). My wife drives an 03' Lexus ES300. I use to refer to her car as the 'Smoothie Queen' because its a very smooth comfortable ride. With this new Lucerne a new day has begun.

HVAC controls well placed and very intuitive. I got in the car and was able to work the radio and HVAC controls without reading the owners manual. Rain-sensing Wipers, electronic throttle very responsive when passing or pulling from dead stop. IPOD/MP3 jack is a plus.

Rear-end could be styled a little more passionately. Make chrome grill an option on all models as it dresses the car up considerably. Fog lights should be on the front bumpers also as it looks a bit spartan without it. Consider putting a 5 or 6 speed transmission in the car.

Love This Car
By JEFF IN TX

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had the car for two weeks and absolutly love it. It has great comfort and plenty of power for me. I traded in a Lincoln town car and couldn't be happier. I would advise anyone to test drive this car if your looking for comfort and safety.

Stereo six disc changer. Auto lights and mirrors. Ride and power. 3800

Locking gas door

My Lucerne
By jtsummers

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I ever owned and I have owned a lot in my 77 years.

Harmon-Kardon stereo and the rain-sense wipers

You can't turn on the dash lights until the auto night lights come on.

I love my Lucerne CXS!
By Marcia

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Lucerne CXS! Great ride for passengers! Day after day the Lucerne provides a comfortable and pleasing ride. If I do not drive it every day, I miss "Sophie" and she misses me! : ) This truly is an unexpected love affair with my car. I am a past multiple (14years) Chrysler mini-van Mom and was protesting my husband's strong encouragement for the purchase of the Lucerne CXS. (He recalled my delight when sitting in one at the Detroit & Grand Rapids Auto Shows) I continually receive favorable comments and inquiries from friends and complete strangers. (all ages/gender)

Great sound system. Extremely comfortable leather heat/cool seats, esp after a day in my office with a 40 mi drive home. Great acceleration, confident handling, quiet interior. Exterior design with chrome accents-I have the add on spoiler. The sporty yet sophisticated look and tri-wh/gld flash paint.

The trunk release in the glove box should be placed higher, and perhaps in the middle, a sliding console storage compartment, lighted console drink holder. These are minor! I love my Lucerne CXS!

Wolf in sheep's clothing
By pleased

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Only negative is torque. The pick up can take a second or two, but it can move. All the toys (remote starter, etc) I really enjoy it.

Big V8

Make the interior a little more sporty.