Used 2006 Buick Lucerne CXS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

I still love this car !
By Terry Schulz

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like it so much , I may not trade it in yet.

Great Auyo
By Clifford Den Otter

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

WE Bought auto new and only costs to us have been rear brakes, tires, and battery besides normal maintenance. All these are expected. We would highly recommend the Buick Lucerne to anyone. My experience with autos started with a 1938 Packard sedan with twin side mounted tires. The 2 problems are a poor turning radius and being a large car, some parking spots hard to get in and out of. I recently traded it in on a Toyota Prius. My 2 sons have Prius's and I feel now that the Prius is the best value and car on the road I also have a 1956 Tbird.

Not Stunning
By sequoyah101

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife insisted on a V8 to replace the Park Avenue so we got this one after looking at an Avalon, 535 and 350GS and a CTS. If this car had a 6 speed transmission and the engine wouldn't rev so high at cruise (feel like I have to keep my foot in it) and it could get much better mileage (never been better than abt 24 to 25 and abt 20 in mixed driving) it would be great but it doesn't and it isn't but it is OK. This should be a 30 mpg car like the old PA. Buick just went too far with the acceleration "performance" tuning of this car to no good end. Like the styling, interior is nice without being fussy though the seats hit me wrong for some reason it is still comfortable enough.

Interior fit and finish is good, car looks good. Engine has a throaty note, kinda neat but more bark than bite. It competes well for the price.

Needs a 6 speed tranny with OD, better mileage. I would like the suspension to be a tad stiffer for better handling.

Buick Lucerne
By robtgd52

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent car. Why would anyone buy an export car when we can buy this car. I've had many cars in the past and this is by far the best I've ever owned. This is the car GM should of built years ago, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in.

Ride and build quality. Very quiet

Reposition the dash guages. They're hard to read.

My Lucerene
By rod

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Buick Lucerne is the best Buick I have ever owned. The gas mileage is everything GM said it would be, (even better, 21 city and 34+ highway.) Quality, oh yeah! Performance is really good, seating could use a little more support. I have had no trouble with options. I just can't say enough about ride quality, handling, and performance. It is more comfortable than any Benz, Ford, Mercury,or Chrysler that I have looked at in this price range. Thanks GM, you have a real winner in the Lucerne.

Quality built, quietness, performance, comfort, color, reliability, cruise ability, (600+ miles per tank, ) every time, on 87 octane.

A little better lateral support on standard cloth seats. Get rid of those Bridgestone tires.