2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Never buy a Buick
By pshank on 05/06/14 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used vehicle because of its spacious, comfortable, and excellent interiors. I burnt my finger in couple of months when the plastic around the seat started falling off, engine seal broke off and started heating my engine, transmission started slipping, and boy, brakes are very poor. It starts juddering when driving down the slopes and it wouldn't stop. I spent at least $3000 more than the price I paid for this car, and I drove it from $100K to $132K. I decided to sell the vehicle. Now the fun story began. The dealer who sold me wouldn't take the car back. He said he would pay me $2K. Wow!!! This car loses value like a piece of crap. I never ever will recommend this car/ make.

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL
By feistyscot on 07/08/13 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 47,000 miles on it and have driven it 27,000 miles in one year. It has a very quiet ride and decent acceleration for a V6 powered boat of a car. Gas mileage on the highway ranges between 25-26 mpg in the winter to 27-30 in the summer. In town? 18-19. Not that great. The stock radio went to the recycle yard right away. I had to turn it up pretty much to the extent of it's volume to hear. Chucked it for a Pioneer aftermarket and that solved the sound issues. The drivers seat isn't the most comfortable and the lack of a telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. Trunk space and lack of a true fold down rear seat are also drawbacks.

Never buy another GM product
By tscor22 on 12/27/11 07:13 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an o6 Lucerne w/23500 mi in 09, & a 4 yr ext. WTY, + wheel & tire WTY for $1250. GM shut the DLR dn shortly after purch., DLR never sent in the P/W or the $. Now have 63K with repeat problems, 2 wheels won't balance, 3 sets of front brakes + rotors, one rear set+rotors, Trans slips & clunks when go'g from D to R , & back to D. Play in the IM str'g shaft every 20-25,000 miles. Worst of all is the stonewalling tactics by GM C/S, they ret'd the $279 for the wheel & tire, but whls cost $1400, and denied the $973 ext. WTY. Fact. Rep was a no show at an app't they made. Now they want me to drive 60mi to DLR in another state or pay $140 for diagnostics to a local DLR. 5 hrs on ph. w/5 Reps

Love it, buying another
By 5bucks on 06/26/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort in the back seat for clients. Comfortable seats Love driving it but have to watch my speed. It's a smooth drive & you don't realize how fast you go. Nice design. Been stopped & had people comment on it.

First 100,000 Miles
By James Goodson on 12/19/09 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first 100,000 miles in this Buick Lucerne CXL have been a truly awesome experience. I changed a rear tailight bulb...and that's it! The only normal wear items have been 1 set of tires and brakes. Great mileage at an average in the mid 20's but 28 on the highway at 70. Not bad for such a large car. The V6 is absolutely bulletproof with a long history for reliability. Motor is adequate, but at 197 horsepower we're at the low end of acceptable. The plus side is endless quiet cruising ability. Brakes are very good. My wife's Infiniti lives at the dealer, but we can always rely on the Buick. I'm looking forward to the next 100K....unless I buy a 2010 Buick Lacrosse!

WOW!
By DJ on 07/15/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a Lincoln and 3 Cadillacs, but this Lucerne is the finest automobile I have ever owned. It has luxury and performance and is GM, which I think makes the best American cars on the market. This car is so comfortable and is a real beauty! I love the features, especially the heated seats. We have long, cold, snowy winters here, but I use the heated seats during long trips even during the summer because of the comfort it gives my back. Great sound system, smooth ride, and the most comfortable seats ever make this car my all time favorite.

Great Car-Cosmetic Problems
By Ken on 06/06/09 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car, comfort and style is very good. Gas mileage is really good, over 30 miles per gallon on last trip from Portland Or. to Idaho Falls Id. My problem has been cosmetic,all outside chrome strips on windows have been replaced twice due to rust spots. Since i have just over 50,000 miles now I'm worried about the next time it happens. The finish is also rapidly coming off the wheels leaving black splotches. The dealer refuses to do anything about it except make note of the problem. They blame it on the current problems GM is having for not taking any positive action on it. As I stated 'Great Car', very dissapointed in the cosmetic problems.

Pleasantly Surprised
By rmward on 01/06/08 06:19 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned/own a MB C320, 2006 Infiniti M45 and a 2005 Lexus EX330. I bought the Lucerne as an "everyday" car not expecting much. It is fun to drive a great value and has been problem free. The leather seats are comfortable, XM radio is great and the park assist is valuable in this size of car. I urge to check out the Lucerne as you'll probably end up buying one! It's a great value and has a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. Plus, it's much less expensive to maintain than any of the imports I've owned. Less expensive and the same build quality, how can you go wrong?

Noise
By back bug on 11/22/07 06:08 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It was rated as the quietest sedan in it class in 2006. After a few months the wind noise around the two doors was bad and gets even worse during the cold weather up north. We love the car overall as a great car.

What a Car!
By Bizman on 10/02/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really love the looks of the car inside and out. I know that GM has finally started making great cars again that can compete with any make. It is a driving dream and the first trip we received 33 mpg at 60 mph on cruise. Nothing to complain about. I had looked at a Honda Accord and felt I was getting more vehicle for my dollar with the Buick.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.