2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Not Stunning
By sequoyah101 on 06/27/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife insisted on a V8 to replace the Park Avenue so we got this one after looking at an Avalon, 535 and 350GS and a CTS. If this car had a 6 speed transmission and the engine wouldn't rev so high at cruise (feel like I have to keep my foot in it) and it could get much better mileage (never been better than abt 24 to 25 and abt 20 in mixed driving) it would be great but it doesn't and it isn't but it is OK. This should be a 30 mpg car like the old PA. Buick just went too far with the acceleration "performance" tuning of this car to no good end. Like the styling, interior is nice without being fussy though the seats hit me wrong for some reason it is still comfortable enough.

Buick Lucerne
By robtgd52 on 12/16/08 09:52 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent car. Why would anyone buy an export car when we can buy this car. I've had many cars in the past and this is by far the best I've ever owned. This is the car GM should of built years ago, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in.

My Lucerene
By rod on 07/06/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Buick Lucerne is the best Buick I have ever owned. The gas mileage is everything GM said it would be, (even better, 21 city and 34+ highway.) Quality, oh yeah! Performance is really good, seating could use a little more support. I have had no trouble with options. I just can't say enough about ride quality, handling, and performance. It is more comfortable than any Benz, Ford, Mercury,or Chrysler that I have looked at in this price range. Thanks GM, you have a real winner in the Lucerne.

Disappointed and disgusted
By Linda Whitley on 06/16/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 2 years now. The car only had 7000 miles on it when the first oil leak was discovered. I have had it in the shop 3 times for the oil leaks, 5 times for fuel sensor, 1 time for traction sensor, once for the rack and pinion. It is in the shop now for the same noise it was make when they replaced the rack & pinion but they said it is not the same problem, but can't find what it wrong.

Better than my Cadillac
By LCB on 04/30/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2004 DeVille on my 2006 CXS. Much better car, excellent build quality, superior handling and acceleration (over the Cad.) and decent gas mileage for the engine size. I average 21-22 combined city and highway. Color is maroon metallic and I have received many compliments on the car'sappearance. A Mercedes owner thought it was a new model BMW!

Solid cruiser
By georgegest on 04/20/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my wife. I almost only drive it on long trips. It drives and handles well, rides smoothly, is quiet. Mileage isn't bad but I usually hit between 80 and 85 pretty consistently on the long trip across Texas...dull as watching paint dry. Seats are a bit snug but I have back problems and don't experience the problem of comfort some suggest. The Northstar is a good engine but this car needs another gear and it would really fly. In 18000 or so miles we have only added gas and oil changes.

Beautiful car
By hugh on 11/12/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm retired so I can hardly wait to find some place to go so I can drive our Lucerne. We love the ride, handling, power, controls and I guess there isn't anything that we don't like. We live in the mountains of north central PA where we have no city driving and avg 22.5. Went to Baltimore, MD last weekend and driving 70mph for 250mi.I got 26.4mpg

Buick Lucerne CXS is Wonderful
By RDS on 06/12/07 13:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my CXS. I had initially bought a CXL-V6 for a weekend and was not pleased. Once I drove the CXS, I felt that it was a totally different vehicle. The 18-inch wheels, the stabilitrac suspension and the overall ride are wonderful. On the road it is a dream. I have nicknamed it "The Cruiser" which is what my grandchildren call it when they want to ride in it. It is very comfortable and I feel safe when driving it. We live at a time when the #1 thing which people discuss about a vehicle is the gas mileage. I still feel that the #1 issue should be safety. Overall, I love my CXS. It is a wonderful vehicle which I would highly recommend.

I love my Lucerne CXS!
By Marcia on 12/09/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Lucerne CXS! Great ride for passengers! Day after day the Lucerne provides a comfortable and pleasing ride. If I do not drive it every day, I miss "Sophie" and she misses me! : ) This truly is an unexpected love affair with my car. I am a past multiple (14years) Chrysler mini-van Mom and was protesting my husband's strong encouragement for the purchase of the Lucerne CXS. (He recalled my delight when sitting in one at the Detroit & Grand Rapids Auto Shows) I continually receive favorable comments and inquiries from friends and complete strangers. (all ages/gender)

Wolf in sheep's clothing
By pleased on 12/03/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Only negative is torque. The pick up can take a second or two, but it can move. All the toys (remote starter, etc) I really enjoy it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.