2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Never buy a Buick
By pshank on 05/06/14 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used vehicle because of its spacious, comfortable, and excellent interiors. I burnt my finger in couple of months when the plastic around the seat started falling off, engine seal broke off and started heating my engine, transmission started slipping, and boy, brakes are very poor. It starts juddering when driving down the slopes and it wouldn't stop. I spent at least $3000 more than the price I paid for this car, and I drove it from $100K to $132K. I decided to sell the vehicle. Now the fun story began. The dealer who sold me wouldn't take the car back. He said he would pay me $2K. Wow!!! This car loses value like a piece of crap. I never ever will recommend this car/ make.

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL
By feistyscot on 07/08/13 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 47,000 miles on it and have driven it 27,000 miles in one year. It has a very quiet ride and decent acceleration for a V6 powered boat of a car. Gas mileage on the highway ranges between 25-26 mpg in the winter to 27-30 in the summer. In town? 18-19. Not that great. The stock radio went to the recycle yard right away. I had to turn it up pretty much to the extent of it's volume to hear. Chucked it for a Pioneer aftermarket and that solved the sound issues. The drivers seat isn't the most comfortable and the lack of a telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. Trunk space and lack of a true fold down rear seat are also drawbacks.

Quirks. Like every other GM.
By buickreview on 11/14/12 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Will get 30+ MPG if driven 55-60 MPH (for the tank this car is, this is phenomenal). Gets 26 MPG 80/20 mix (highway/city), speeds up to 80 MPH and spirited. Proven engine. Absolutely smooth and quiet. New tires vibrate at certain speeds for 1200 miles (and then 1200 more when rotated). Horrendous blind spots. Great road car, crummy to drive in the city. Powerful on the highway. Awful seats; extremely sore after driving car (and I'm not old). Interior materials very cheap, nasty seat fabric. Ergonomics are bad. No telescopic steering wheel. Passenger seat rattles. Driver seat plastic cracked off. Would I buy it again? No. Tired of quirks. Probably last GM I buy.

Inside out something breaks every month
By mimaw67 on 10/20/12 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since i have bought this car I have had to have 2 of four doors fixed one wouldnt open other had the handle come off, The power window regulator went out! Motor mounts broke & Now transmission going out! The plastic around the front seats have all broken! Not a car to have, more issues then any other car i have had!

Never buy another GM product
By tscor22 on 12/27/11 07:13 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an o6 Lucerne w/23500 mi in 09, & a 4 yr ext. WTY, + wheel & tire WTY for $1250. GM shut the DLR dn shortly after purch., DLR never sent in the P/W or the $. Now have 63K with repeat problems, 2 wheels won't balance, 3 sets of front brakes + rotors, one rear set+rotors, Trans slips & clunks when go'g from D to R , & back to D. Play in the IM str'g shaft every 20-25,000 miles. Worst of all is the stonewalling tactics by GM C/S, they ret'd the $279 for the wheel & tire, but whls cost $1400, and denied the $973 ext. WTY. Fact. Rep was a no show at an app't they made. Now they want me to drive 60mi to DLR in another state or pay $140 for diagnostics to a local DLR. 5 hrs on ph. w/5 Reps

Lucerne is the Best
By Dave on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a large car with a soft confy ride on all roads. Glad I bought this car. Tons of room, seating for Fit and finish is great. I had a Lexus rice burner and truly prefer the Buick Lucerne Bigger and better

Love it, buying another
By 5bucks on 06/26/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort in the back seat for clients. Comfortable seats Love driving it but have to watch my speed. It's a smooth drive & you don't realize how fast you go. Nice design. Been stopped & had people comment on it.

First 100,000 Miles
By James Goodson on 12/19/09 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first 100,000 miles in this Buick Lucerne CXL have been a truly awesome experience. I changed a rear tailight bulb...and that's it! The only normal wear items have been 1 set of tires and brakes. Great mileage at an average in the mid 20's but 28 on the highway at 70. Not bad for such a large car. The V6 is absolutely bulletproof with a long history for reliability. Motor is adequate, but at 197 horsepower we're at the low end of acceptable. The plus side is endless quiet cruising ability. Brakes are very good. My wife's Infiniti lives at the dealer, but we can always rely on the Buick. I'm looking forward to the next 100K....unless I buy a 2010 Buick Lacrosse!

Great Cruiser - but little else
By mbarker on 07/16/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Lucerne due to a job change that requires that I drive 125 interstate miles roundtrip each day. Very comfortable/roomy car that is very quiet. It was made to cruise the highway. Even with the V-8 it's not very spirited and it handles like a bus. It was not made for evasive or sporty driving. The fuel mileage has been on average about 26 mpg with 90% of driving on the highway. The cooled seats are great and keep you comfortable in hot humid weather. The Harmon Kardon stereo is average at best. It has the Continetal tires and there is a vibration the dealer can't get rid of. They claim "excessive road force variation" and it's not covered by the certified warranty.

WOW!
By DJ on 07/15/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a Lincoln and 3 Cadillacs, but this Lucerne is the finest automobile I have ever owned. It has luxury and performance and is GM, which I think makes the best American cars on the market. This car is so comfortable and is a real beauty! I love the features, especially the heated seats. We have long, cold, snowy winters here, but I use the heated seats during long trips even during the summer because of the comfort it gives my back. Great sound system, smooth ride, and the most comfortable seats ever make this car my all time favorite.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.