Used 2006 Buick Lucerne CXS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Not Stunning
By sequoyah101

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife insisted on a V8 to replace the Park Avenue so we got this one after looking at an Avalon, 535 and 350GS and a CTS. If this car had a 6 speed transmission and the engine wouldn't rev so high at cruise (feel like I have to keep my foot in it) and it could get much better mileage (never been better than abt 24 to 25 and abt 20 in mixed driving) it would be great but it doesn't and it isn't but it is OK. This should be a 30 mpg car like the old PA. Buick just went too far with the acceleration "performance" tuning of this car to no good end. Like the styling, interior is nice without being fussy though the seats hit me wrong for some reason it is still comfortable enough.

Interior fit and finish is good, car looks good. Engine has a throaty note, kinda neat but more bark than bite. It competes well for the price.

Needs a 6 speed tranny with OD, better mileage. I would like the suspension to be a tad stiffer for better handling.

Buick Lucerne
By robtgd52

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent car. Why would anyone buy an export car when we can buy this car. I've had many cars in the past and this is by far the best I've ever owned. This is the car GM should of built years ago, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in.

Ride and build quality. Very quiet

Reposition the dash guages. They're hard to read.

My Lucerene
By rod

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Buick Lucerne is the best Buick I have ever owned. The gas mileage is everything GM said it would be, (even better, 21 city and 34+ highway.) Quality, oh yeah! Performance is really good, seating could use a little more support. I have had no trouble with options. I just can't say enough about ride quality, handling, and performance. It is more comfortable than any Benz, Ford, Mercury,or Chrysler that I have looked at in this price range. Thanks GM, you have a real winner in the Lucerne.

Quality built, quietness, performance, comfort, color, reliability, cruise ability, (600+ miles per tank, ) every time, on 87 octane.

A little better lateral support on standard cloth seats. Get rid of those Bridgestone tires.

Disappointed and disgusted
By Linda Whitley

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 2 years now. The car only had 7000 miles on it when the first oil leak was discovered. I have had it in the shop 3 times for the oil leaks, 5 times for fuel sensor, 1 time for traction sensor, once for the rack and pinion. It is in the shop now for the same noise it was make when they replaced the rack & pinion but they said it is not the same problem, but can't find what it wrong.

Comfortable, easy driving

Build a more reliable car

Better than my Cadillac
By LCB

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2004 DeVille on my 2006 CXS. Much better car, excellent build quality, superior handling and acceleration (over the Cad.) and decent gas mileage for the engine size. I average 21-22 combined city and highway. Color is maroon metallic and I have received many compliments on the car'sappearance. A Mercedes owner thought it was a new model BMW!

Superb handling, well designed interior and dash layout, simple controls to operate.

Could use a 5 or 6 speed transmission, smaller turning radius, better gas mileage, re-designed A pillars, which block visibility somewhat.